“NEVER”

Ranked #41 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
fortwayne
“NEVER”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

i would never recommend this place to anybody whatsoever. This place was horrible. I was here on a trip with my family for a week for the holidays. On the first night, my kids got bug bites and had to be taken to the doctor. when i went and told the man at the front office about it, he told me that an exterminator would be called and that my room would be switched. I should of just left because the new room wasnt any better. the bathtub had silly putty in the bottom of it and the microwave didnt work. After calling to complain about that four times i just gave up because face it, it wasnt gonna happen. The tv also had about five channels and each one was fuzzier then the last. Not only that but they wanted me to pay for the exterminator to fix the bug problem when we should of got a discount for the new room. Then when i told the lady in the office i was checking out she started calling me names and cursing at me and she also got in my wifes face a little bit. Then threatened to call the cops if i didnt leave immediately. that was the biggest favor she did me all week. I very happily left. Not only that but neither room was very clean when i first stepped foot in it. and the milk that they served at breakfast was spoiled the whole time i was there. They also give you one set of towels per week, no matter how much you ask them. This was the worst stay ever. you would be better off sleeping in your car. trust me.! (p.s- i hope you have strong tires because there are potholes and broken glass everywhere in the parking lot)

Room Tip: Sleep in your car. Anythings better than a room here.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank cutiepie122895

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed November 5, 2011

A worn-out, indifferently maintained property in an awkward location. The room says it's non-smoking, but there was a musty, almost smokey smell in the lobby, hallways, and my room. The room furnishings were mostly functional, but badly scarred and worn. The heater/air conditioner had a missing control knob, and was poorly sealed to the wall with duct tape. The room's window was clouded to the point of being nearly opaque, yet was impossible to unlock to vent the room's fusty atmosphere. At least all the light bulbs worked.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank AJS54
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I'm relocating to the Fort Wayne, IN area and needed a cheap place to stay. I stayed at the Country Hearth for 12 days. My weekly rate was $150/week.

What did that get me?

1. Bed
2. Microwave
3. Microfridge
4. Bathroom
5. Wifi

The room was made up 6 days a week (not on Sunday - and the manager let me know that when I checked in).

I had to defrost the microfridge (huge ice chunk - which is common). Management should save some money by unplugging the microfridge when it's not being used. The microwave, though small, was adequate for my needs.

The bathroom is supplied with soap, towels, washcloths, and a floor towel. No shampoo or anything else. Met my basic needs.

One washer and dryer is available - I was able to use it once; the other time I needed to wash clothes the washer was being used I went to the laundromat.

The breakfast is very spartan - glad that I had a microfridge :-) I bought my own food and ate in the room.

If I needed a room for a night or two, I probably wouldn't stay at the County Hearth; there are multiple inexpensive options close by (Knight's Inn, Motel 6, Red Roof). But if you are looking for inexpensive longer-term lodging, for $150/week, the Country Hearth worked just fine.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Shawn A
Fort Wayne
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I received prompt, friendly service throughout my stay, and room was clean, quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
san franciso
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed here for 4 days because my one teenage girl join the skating competition here in city. the price is really affordable, room clean, cont. breakfast, nice staffs. but before I check out, some of the rude quests older ladies casting out dirty mouth to the desk clerks, with no reasons at all, if she don't like the place, why she don't want check out? because she is cheap and can't find any comparison motel with good rates and good services. I feel sorry for the clerk.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank money0728
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We checked in and there was no hot water. We checked with the front desk who said to wait 1o minutes. We tried again 1/2 hour and an no hot water. The front desk did nothing. After 2 hours of waiting we left but the hotel refused to refund our money.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank justafamilytraveler
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I stayed here in June. The owners are very friendly but the staff is rude, helpless, and incompetent. The sheets weren't clean. There were several hairs on the pillows and in the sheets. I was refused a refund. I was even refused fresh linen so I could change the sheets.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
TownePlace Suites Fort Wayne North
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne
Hampton Inn and Suites Ft. Wayne North
Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - North

Been to Country Hearth Inn? Share your experiences!