“Didn’t have much flavor”
Review of The Hoppy Gnome

The Hoppy Gnome
Reserve a Table
Mon, 7/22
8:00 PM
Ranked #9 of 797 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After reading all the ingredients we were a little disappointed. We had the inferno tacos which were just hot, the pork carnitas which needed something extra, and the queso which was watered down. I had heard good things but this wasn’t our place. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere was great.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited the Hoppy Gnome because it was rated so high by Trip Advisor. Well, they were spot on. I had the pork shanks and they were delicious. My wife had the sea food jambalaya and she clean her plate. We were not waited on right away so the manage gave us complementary strawberry shortcake. We made quick work of this also. Can’t wait for our next visit.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

Stopped here based on TA reviews. Had reservations at 4:30 during a weekday and didn’t need them. Started with the guacamole and a margarita. Guacamole was a huge serving that was fresh and delicious...more smooth than chunky. Margarita was very good and loved the chili spiced salt rim! Chips were a tad stale though. I ordered the Dante’s Inferno with sauce on the side and the Steak and Rajitas on corn tortillas. I wasn’t impressed with the Dante’s Inferno, but the sauce was spicy and very good. The steak was by far my favorite. The corn tortillas were hot and had a strong flavor. Great place with an extensive beer menu. Service was fast and excellent. Definitely worth a try if you are passing through town!

Reviewed June 5, 2019

The tacos are amazing. The mahi mahi and dante's inferno are my recommendations. Beware with the hot sauce on the dante's inferno as is it very spicy. If you want some tacos and beer, I don't think you can go wrong by coming here.

Reviewed May 15, 2019 via mobile

The beer was great. They dont just serve their own but there were many selections for beers from other breweries as well. The food was great. The service was excellent.