All reviews room was clean recommend this hotel next morning other hotels one night stay nice breakfast staff was very friendly the breakfast area home away from home waffles parking lot free breakfast meera bw lobby pets desk
Selected filters
Reviewed August 15, 2016

Very good accommodations for group meeting(s). Staff was friendly, accommodating. Within walking distance to restaurants. Easy location. Comfortable. Allows pets. Pleasant surroundings. Returned to hotel following previous conference booking two years ago.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Valerie W
Reviewed August 11, 2016

Not sure why it is rated as highly as it is. The outside of the hotel looks like it does need a bit of a facelift. The lobby was fine. The staff at check in were pleasant enough. The room was okay. Beds were clean and comfortable. There was mildew on the bathtub faucet. Breakfast was okay. Nice to have a little more variety than just make your own waffles and pastries. It wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to stay there again. However, there are several other choices in the area.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2016

Our son was having surgery early the next morning at a local hospital so we made the 2-hour drive to stay the night before. While it is an older hotel and could use some updating, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The air conditioning was not working in the room so we were immediately moved to another room. Matt who was working the front desk was very friendly and efficient. Because we had to be over at the hospital by 5:00 in the morning we were not able to partake of the breakfast which was included since it was not served until 6:00.

Room tip: Prices are more expensive when something is going on. Before planning your trip be sure to check the calendar of events!
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2016

Hotel hard to find, roadwork in the area didn’t help. It’s located in a very busy area. Lots of fast food and chain restaurants in the area. Front desk staff when I checked in was friendly and helpful. Room was outdated and the lighting wasn't very good, layout is odd with the toilet/shower area right by the door. The sink is in the hallway area. My window had a view of the back of a shopping mall. Room was clean though, and everything worked except the desk chair had a broken arm. Low water pressure in the shower. Breakfast was typical of a mid range hotel that has free breakfast. My room was quiet but I don't think there were many people staying there that night. One thing that always turns me off is a hotel that places a list of the cost of items in the room (towels, hair dryer, etc) out for the guests, which leads me to believe that the customers that stay there are in the habit of stealing. Doesn't make me feel safe when I travel alone. I'll probably stay somewhere else the next time I'm in Fort Wayne.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 8, 2016

My 14 y.o. son and I traveled to Ft. Wayne in June 2016 so he could participate in a speed (Rubik's) cubing competition. Never having been to the area I was starting from scratch as far as finding a hotel for our one night stay. I chose the BW Luxbury Inn after reading TripAdvisor reviews. It's located outside of town but conveniently right off the interstate. This is a newer hotel with a contemporary look and feel, large and comfortable rooms, and we were very happy with our choice. The competition took place the next morning in downtown Ft. Wayne which took us less than 15 minutes to reach with no traffic. The hotel is near other retail establishments, including roadside restaurants (chains) and a Starbucks for morning coffee. Overall I would definitely stay here again if we return to the area. It was an excellent choice at a reasonable price.

Date of stay: June 2016