“Excellent Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Southwest Florida
“Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

By far the nicest people are at the front desk. The Hotel was undergoing renovations and had tarps and plastic everywhere. The rooms were comfortable and the location was very nice in the middle of a large shopping center with a movie theater next door. There was a large lake in front with a picnic area. Lots of geese and rabbits. We were traveling with our puppy so we got a pet room. The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms clean. The carpeting in our room was really dirty, but when I sent my review to company the manager responded immediatly and said they had put off cleaning the carpets because of the remodeling.
They had a wonderful breakfast area that was well stocked and very clean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Meera_Piprottar, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Luxbury Inn Fort Wayne, responded to this review, September 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valued feedback with us. We are pleased to know that you had a great stay at our hotel. Yes, we are part of the village, VILLAGE AT COVENTRY. In our beautiful village we have STARBUCKS, movie theater, many restaurants, salon, gift shops and Kroger supermarket, all in walking distance. We hear it all the time from our guests that how much they enjoyed their morning /evening walk around the lake or had a great lunch on the picnic table while enjoying the company of our friendly geese and rabbits.

We are looking forward to see you soon. Again, we appreciate your valued feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

First off was Nikki, the reception clerk. We arrived at 6:00 pm, the lobby had 2 people waiting, the phone was ringing, and she kept her cool politely, professionally, and with a sense of humor. She later told me that she wants to go to nursing school. That would be a waste, she should go to Med school and be a Doctor. Anybody with that natural humor and empathy is a synch for a Doc. Then in the morning when my trunk key was jammed, Trevor was able to instantly procure some WD40 to get me un-jammed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Tom,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time from your busy schedule to share your experience. Our key asset is our staff who takes great pride in what they do. We are fortunate to have a great team of professionals who go above and beyond their call of duty to assure that every single guest's stay is more comfortable and enjoyable. Our guests' satisfaction is our #1 priority

We are looking forward to see you soon next time.

-Meera Piprottar
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here for 2 weeks in June because my husband was working in Fort Wayne. They were working on the lobby and it is going to be beautiful when it is completed. We had a mix up when we checked in because I was told on the phone that the charge for a dog was $20 per stay and it is $20 per day. After the desk clerk checked with the owner they made it $20 per stay which I appreciated. They have rooms designated for dogs and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised that the room did not smell of dogs.There is also a nice place to walk dogs that goes by a pond. The rooms are very quiet and they are hugh! They were working on the rooms across the hall from us and I didn't hear them at all. The breakfast is OK....I wish they offered bananas with the fruit.

Room Tip: We had a room on the back side of the hotel and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sonarmom
Spanish Fort, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past. This time they were remodeling. The staff did an excellent job with reservations and front desk activities and the remodeling noise was at a minimum.

Innerkip Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed here for one night the end of May. The front lobby was under renovation so the young woman who checked us in had to work in a small area in a nearby hall. She was organized and very friendly.. She was also helpful in suggesting some very good restaurants close by. I only wished I would have remembered to ask for her name.The bathroom in our room was clean and the bed very comfortable. As far as the room goes it was tired and uneventful. There was a recliner in the room that neither my husband or myself would sit in. It looked dirty and seemed to be worn out. It should have been thrown out. I'm not sure if I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ruth S
Marion, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Thank you all for being honest and friendly. tHE LOCATION WAS EASY TO GET TO AND THERE WERE A LOT OF GOOD RESTURANTS AROUND THE HOTEL. the staff did a good job. When the hotel is finished being remodeled, it will be very beautiful

Eaton Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The lobby and breakfast area are being remodelled. We were here on a weekend and the following weekend I stopped by again. I couldn't see any progress being made on the lobby! If you're going down for breakfast, go early!
The rooms are large and clean. Bathroom could use a little updating. TV and fridge, very nice. Also a very quiet hotel.
I had some problem with lost jewelry, that had actually gone home with my husband. I talked to the staff by phone several times, they phoned me, and I stopped back by. They were very helpful and I called to let them know, it's found! So, my compliments to the young staff!

1 Thank LJo-12