“Good, but . . .”

Ranked #113 of 648 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Flat Top Grill, the pioneers of the create-your-own meal concept, offers a variety of vegan, vegetarian, allergy-friendly and meat protein options. You can package fresh, hand-picked ingredients to create your own burritos, soups, lettuce wraps, Roti tacos, stuffed sandwiches or traditional bowls. All military veterans and active service members receive 25% off their entire bill always and kids eat free every Monday!
Huntington
“Good, but . . .”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food is great, the staff helpful, but be careful when you pick up your bowl to fill. I usually have to go through a few to find a clean one. Fun and good to be able to pick out your own variety of food to put together. Rather expensive tho.

Visited December 2012

“Love their food and they are vegetarian friendly with their cooking!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

I love eating at this place. Being a vegetarian, I can load my bowl up with noodles, rice, and fresh veggies. And since I'm a vegetarian, a server told me to put in an "allergy" stick so that they would scrape the grill very good so I don't get any unwanted meat in my food. Great food at a great price. Love that you can get unlimited bowls if you want but I've never finished a full bowl before haha

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“They do some things well....”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stopped by for a business meeting with one of my staff members. The restaurant was about 1/2 full and winding down, but the still placed us in very close proximity to a couple dining nearby. We were the only two sets of diners in the entire section. It wasn't an appropriate choice of seating by the staff when there were so many options available.

The selections were reasonable, but many of the bins were empty or nearly empty. I was shocked that the restaurant considered rice to be part of the bowl contents to be grilled. I've never seen this before and thought it marked a clear path to fill customer's bowls with a cheaper filler. I am used to rice being provided as a side dish. The selections that were available seemed fresh, but the reach across to the most distant selections was so far that most of the bins were crossed from items being dropped.

The sauces were the best part of the meal. These are often weak in this type of restaurant, but the ones offered were very tasty and well prepared. Only a few of the spices to add before the grilling were marked. Luckily I can spot ginger powder. The meal was very good, but again, I was disappointed by the way they managed rice and had none with my meal.

After dinner while we were talking, a staff member decided it was time to move all the surrounding tables and mop the floor. This behavior is was the worst staff behavior I have seen at a restaurant in a long time.

The meal was overpriced for asian grills. It is near the top end of any of these types I have visited across the country. It is lucky to be the only one of its type in the area. The staff needs lots of training. The dining area had wall paper peeling off the wall in multiple spots.

• Visited December 2012
Eugene, Oregon
“Variety of options”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

A good idea for a variety of people with different tastes. You can pick your own rice, veggies, and meat (or better yet non-meat) and watch your stir fry being made. Once cooked, it's delivered to your table. It's a bit pricey for the amount of food, but a good value if you want to eat as much as possible. The server was very helpful explaining the pricing and the most economical way for us to take a meal home with us. A bit noisy.

• Visited October 2012
Bluffton, Indiana, USA
“Fun eating experience”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

'Mongolian' grill type restaurant: select from a wide array of meat and veggies and then have selections stir-fried and delivered to your table. Good selection of foods, attentive service. Good place for a business group, ie fun to compete for who can stuff the most in their bowl or make the most creative selections. Food quality and preparation are very good.

• Visited October 2012