“Great Stay”

Staybridge Suites Fort Wayne
Ranked #19 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We had made our reservations the morning of our stay and was told that the type of (2 double beds) was not available. Upon arrival which was earlier than normal check in, they had my request was in their system and they were able to give us the room we needed.
Pool area was nice as well as the pool as well. Have stayed there before and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Marsha R
Bridge46804, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your needs. Please come back and visit us again.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stay at the Staybridge every time I travel to the Fort Wayne Area, which is about once a month for 3-4 nights. If your there Tuesday through Thursday, don't worry about going out to dinner because they always have a nice Social Menu for thier guests. The staff is great and always try to accommodate your ever need. You will always leave with a smile on your face from your experience there.

Room Tip: Any room .... not close to breakfast area is good.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Bridge46804, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We are always happy when a guest has had a good experience. I will be sure to pass them along to our staff.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

This was my first time at a Staybridge. It was a great price for the area and we had a clean comfortable room. The breakfast was good and had healthy choices. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I would happily choose Staybridge again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ruth S
Bridge46804, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you so much for submitting a review to Trip Advisor. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will passed along to our staff.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

The staff is warm and welcoming and the room inviting, comfortable, spacious and very clean. The entire property is well kept with common areas inside and out well utilized by guests for visiting, playing games and relaxing. The hotel is very convenient to shopping, restaurants and local attractions. The Staybridge starts the day off right with a generous selections of hot and cold items, fresh fruit, juices, cereals, fresh waffles and more with a staff member on hand to keep the bar replenished and the entire area bussed and cleaned. I am particularly appreciative of the friendly, responsive staff from the front desk clerks to the housekeepers. Everyone had a smile and a greeting. This property certainly upholds the reputation of the Staybridge in providing a great guest experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate your heart warming comments. These will be passed along to our staff with compliments for doing a fabulous job.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed here for one night. Arrived really late, but was still greeted with a smile! I had a clean room with a king bed. Close to many restaurants and some shopping and fuel stations, as well as very close to the interstate. Cant ever go wrong with a Staybridge :)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amberlee W

Thank you for taking the time to respond to Trip Advisor. Please return and visit us when you can stay longer and enjoy everything our hotel and city has to offer.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Located on the westside of Fort Wayne, this suites hotel can handle a one night stay to a multiple night visit. The entire site was clean and the staff was very friendly from the front desk people to the folks that served the light dinner and the breakfast. The light dinner included good beer (FatTire & Sam Adams) & wine at no extra change. The breakfast was an A+ in both quality and selection. Corned Beef Hash, sausage and scrambled eggs headlined the hot items with waffles (that you make, not frozen), hot oatmeal and fruits filled out the other items. They also had cold cereals, breakfast rolls and cold slided cheeses. The fitness center had one weight machine that was OK, along with a few treadmills, a bike and an elliptical machine. All the equipment was in good working order too.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you attended our social and enjoyed it. This is just one of many amenities we offer so that our guests feel at home. Please come back and visit us again.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

My stay at the hotel started with a broken computer system so the hotel was hand-entering check-ins and had no idea I had a reservation. I dropped my bags and went for a quick shopping trip. When I returned, my card wouldn't open the outer doors. I dragged my bags around the front and went up to my room which also wouldn't open with my card. Back downstairs with my bags to get the card reprogrammed. The heater in the room never seemed to catch up with the cold outside.

The next evening I arrived back from our local facility and again found my card wouldn't open the outer door or my room. After a trip back down and yet another card reprogramming (complete with a lecture that I must have caused the problem by having my cell too close - I travel a lot and know better) I returned to my room to find the non-smoking hotel had someone smoking. It seemed to be my next door neighbor and there were joining doors between the room so the smell was overwhelming. I went back downstairs and asked for a new room. I was promptly told, sorry, we can't help.

Despite repeated requests for assistance with a new room, I was stonewalled and told 'no, we're full... you're stuck with it." I'm a gold IHG member and stay a fair number of nights, but it didn't matter, and the person at the desk didn't care.

I checked out three days early and was offered a comp on my room. That's great for my company, but they didn't have to smell the smoke or find a new hotel room at 9:30 at night. Finally, by 10:30 I was settled in another hotel three exits away on the highway. I spent the next day exhausted driving in a snow storm. After this experience, I won't be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
ericgoff, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Unfortunately, during your stay our server crashed, which caused us to be slower checking guests in.

We take all customers complaints seriously, when you called the clerk about the smoke smell she physically went to the room to investigate. The smoke you smelled was from a guest that overcooked their meal in our kitchenette. Also, if we would not have been sold out we would have been happy to move you to another room. When you abruptly left, the clerk was trying to make you alternate reservations.

I would love to speak with you more in depth concerning your situation. Please call the Staybridge and ask to speak with the manager.