“Great stay!”

Staybridge Suites Fort Wayne
Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I try different places to stay often and this place is at the top of our list. Very clean, affordable, great food and friendly staff. Great location and great price. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric46804, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We noticed a decided difference in service during the week, compared to weekends. Even though the breakfast area was not at all busy on the weekend, the service and food were not as good as during the week. Coffee pots were not refilled promptly, Oatmeal was hard, clumpy, and not hot: had to thin it with cold milk and then needed to ask the attendant to heat it up in the kitchen, since there was no microwave available to the public. Food on steam table was tepid. However, the food selections were varied daily. We commend Lynne and the staff, who kept everything well stocked and well tended on the buffet during the week. Maid service during the week was exemplary, but on Saturday the maid neglected to make the bed, wipe down the sink area, or replenish the coffee and did not leave fresh kitchen linens. We knew she has visited our room because she had emptied the waste baskets and collected the daily gratuity I always leave. We decided against any service on Sunday and put up the do not disturb sign.
We look forward to future stays at this attractive, clean, hotel. The front desk personnel and dining room staff are usually very friendly and helpful. If you don't wish to travel into town: a large Kroger store and several restaurants are just across the street.

Room Tip: Our room (139) on the ground floor looked onto a stone wall. When the window was opened we could h...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ABLePlymouth_MI

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you experienced a problem while at our hotel and we will use your review to make us better.

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We are Staybridge fans and this one, albeit with smaller rooms than many, made up for it with very accommodating service, and a better than most reception and breakfast. We booked directly after the ihg website said there were no rooms available at this Staybridge.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Glenjojo

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to review our hotel

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a perfect location, staff and help was great and always friendly:) look forward to staying there on business .. Every time I'm in Fort Wayne. I have stayed there 3 times an have not been diss appointed

• Stayed: August 2013

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel

Reviewed August 13, 2013

There is no way I can finish this in 200 words so for the quick version - the hotel is busy because of local industry so the staff just does not care any more!!! The first morning I found long black hair in my shower, and then closer look in my bed. I am not sure they changed the sheets from the last traveler. I was on an installation working at night and all their cleaning personnel leave at 5 with no one on site to clean later.
Both TV's didn't work right, the ice maker didn't work, the dishwasher was installed wrong, 4 out of 6 washing machines didn't work, the hot tub did not work. I talked to management and they did not seem to care. They tried to repair the ice machine twice and it never was finished before I left. They were going to move me once and gave me a key and I took my room apart and started the move to find out the room was occupied, with no other rooms and all my things on 2 carts.
The BIGGEST PROBLEM is I wrote to IHG group twice with no response, then called their hot line and a women told me they would get back to me that day and never did. I finally checked out and went to another hotel.
Which is horrible, I am a Platinum level user of this company and they did not care.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel - the Resident was much nicer down the road
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
gtomlinson, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Sir-
My sincerest apologies for the issues that you experienced during your stay here at the Staybridge Suites. We take great pride in ensuring our rooms are comfortable and clean for our guests and it dropped the ball with your experience. Please reach out to me at your earliest opportunity so that I can further discuss the issues with you. Please contact me at gtomlinson@dorahg.com. I do appreciate you comments and your business here at Staybridge Suites!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed at the Staybridge Suites with my family over the weekend. We stayed in a one bedroom with two double beds. Check-in with Kara (I believe her name was) was a delight. Very customer service driven and knew how to make an impression. The room was clean and accommodating with a lot of space. Rooms include a DVD player which is a nice change that you do not see in too many hotels. Also, have grills in the back that guests can use at leisure. Made for a good experience outdoors with the family.

The public areas and breakfast were the downfall at this property. Every corner I turned there was trash overflowing the whole time I was there throughout the whole property. The elevator was dirty and not cleaned during the whole time we were there. Was a bad first impression when walking to our room and seeing the dirt and trash. Made me fearful that the rooms were taken care of the same way. (But this was not the case). Came down to breakfast, a gentleman was working, unaware of his name. It wasn't a busy period but breakfast was definitely below par. Coffee ran out, chocolate milk was spoiled, gnats were flying and trapped in the bin where the bread/bagels were, oatmeal was rock hard with no water (not eatable) and it just overall seemed poorly attended. These areas didn't hinder the great time with my family, but definitely areas of opportunity at this property.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay here. I do appreciate hearing about all aspects of our guests stay so that we can strive to make the experience better for everyone. I do apologize for the minor issues in the public areas and I will make sure to address them with our team. Again, thank you for choosing Staybridge Suites!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed here for a weed while on business. The staff was friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. I didn't have time for the indoor pool but it looked great. The morning breakfast included standard hotel type breakfast food, but it was prepared with more care and the selection changed each day.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
ericgoff, Manager at Staybridge Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to seeing you next time.