“Perfect for our stay”

Ranked #29 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Hinsdale, IL
“Perfect for our stay”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Great location. Close to the expressway. Traveled to ft Wayne on business from Grand Rapids and had no trouble finding it and many places around it.
The room is large with a kitchen area, separate bathroom, bedroom and living room area.
Nice chair and couch to lounge in.
The business room was well equipped.
I would stay here or another candle wood suites anytime.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 23, 2013

My ipad was stolen from my room. Housekeeping only comes once a week, the day they came, my iPad left with them. Management refused to replace it and advised me there has never been a theft at this hotel. In speaking with another guest I learned that he also had things stolen. This tells me honesty isn't a priority for management.

My room was constantly filled with smoke. I informed the hotel staff, thinking they would do something about it, as it's illegal to smoke in any public building in Fort Wayne. Nothing was done, the smell was terrible, and my throat and eyes were burning like crazy.

The WiFi was awful. When I was actually able to connect, it was so slow I wasn't able to do any work.

I travel 75% of the year for work. I stay in lots of hotels all over the country. This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Caitlin K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Caitlin K,

Connie D
Case Manager
Elkhart, Indiana, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2013

First off, I LOVE the blankets. The blanket/throw at the end of the bed was perfect to throw over our shoulders while watching movies in the middle of the night! It's such a risk though, to have bright white linens, and blankets. With that being said, there were a few stains on the bed spread and on the towels, but I suppose that is to be expected. I work at a Candlewood, so I understand.
Either way, the stay was great. The front desk was super helpful, with the few questions I did have. One thing though, was the doors bang super loud! The chair in one of our rooms was peeling pretty badly though. 129? or 128? I don't remember.
End of the day, great stay, friendly staff, pretty pool.
We brought my mom down for her birthday weekend.
She had a blast, and that's all that mattered.
Thanks Candlewood!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Andrea H, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Jessica C.,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed the blankets and our helpful front desk staff. I was especially happy to hear that your mother enjoyed her birthday with us. I'm sorry the furniture wasn't satisfactory and the shutting doors were loud. We will use your feedback as opportunity to look at improvement. We hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Warmly,
Andrea H.
Colt
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This motel was very clean. The room was spotless. This is a very nice place to stay and has reasonable rates. There is a furnished kitchen with stovetop and microwave. There is a large bar that separates the kitchen from the living room area. The rooms are nice size. The bathroom was large and the towels were fluffy and fresh. The bed was in a room by itself. The bed was cozy and the sheets were soft and fresh. The only problem we had here was when we arrived, we were given the key to a room that had already been occupied. I opened the door and walked in on the man who was already settled in the room. The girls at the front desk apologized and gave us some points on our account to make up for the mistake. We were then given another room which was great! Rest assured we double latched our door! I wrote the corporate office and told them about the issue. They have not responded.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea H, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Kattoe,

Thank you so much for your feedback on our property. We appreciate your business. I am so glad you enjoyed our clean hotel and the kitchen in your room. I apologize for the mix up at check-in. We never want anyone to feel unsafe. We will make sure we use this as an opportunity for training. We would love to have you stay with us again.

Warm regards,
Andrea Hill
Aylmer, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We have stayed at this location at least 8 times in the past 4 years. This time was quite different from the last. For some reason, they changed the Pantene shampoo to some off-brand...my wife is still grumbling. For some reason, they do not offer complimentary free drinks for each night you stay...only giving one per trip. For some reason, the furniture in our room was ready for the dump (fake leather on chairs bubbling and peeling). The service was ok, but by Candlewood standards, ok just doesn't cut it. There were granola bar wrappers under the chair which tells me they are not properly vacuuming which makes me think about what else are they cutting corners on. My wife thinks they are going to sell the hotel or it is going to change names...I think she is right. This is our last time staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Andrea H, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear pdau75,

Thank you for your time in posting your feedback. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stays previously. I apologize that your stay with us this time was less than satisfying. Your comments will be used as opportunity for improvements. We hope you will consider being our guest again.

Andrea
Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne
Findlay, Ohio
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I wasn't quite sure how to rate this hotel, so I decided to give it an average grade.
Positive... Staff and front desk. They were tremendous. I had a great time talking and joking with those girls.
Average.... The rooms. Plenty or room. But, the suite aspect is a kitchenette in the room and nothing more.
Negatives.... Some of the furniture. One of the rooms we rented hat furniture that was broken and well worn.
Would I stay again? To be treated right? Yes. For the rooms? Maybe...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear drwn,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments online. I am very pleased to read that you had a great time with our staff.

On the other hand, I am sorry to hear that you didn't find our rooms to your liking. Please accept our sincerest apologies if this aspect didn't meet your expectations.

Rest assured that your feedback will be reviewed and will be used to target opportunity areas. We all look forward to having the pleasure of serving you once again.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Clarkston, Michigan
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed in a suite. It was large as hotel rooms go. It has a small kitchen with a full frig, counter top stove with two burners, mircowave, dishwasher, dishes etc. It has a seperate bedroom with a flat screen in it.. There is also a flat screen in the living room with a couch and chair.

The desk is set up so you can see the TV as you work and the outlets are easy to reach to plug your computer into.

They only clean the rooms once a week, so you do not have daily service.

The front desk is friendly and always very nice. They have an exercise room and a laundry room. It is a pet friendly hotel and there were a number of pets staying when I was there.

This hotel is for extended stays.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Andrea H, Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear JeffreyTravel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed our front desk and that they were friendly. It is great to hear your stay was satisfactory. We look forward to having you be our guest again!

Andrea