“Possible sale or change of ownership?”

Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne
Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We have stayed at this location at least 8 times in the past 4 years. This time was quite different from the last. For some reason, they changed the Pantene shampoo to some off-brand...my wife is still grumbling. For some reason, they do not offer complimentary free drinks for each night you stay...only giving one per trip. For some reason, the furniture in our room was ready for the dump (fake leather on chairs bubbling and peeling). The service was ok, but by Candlewood standards, ok just doesn't cut it. There were granola bar wrappers under the chair which tells me they are not properly vacuuming which makes me think about what else are they cutting corners on. My wife thinks they are going to sell the hotel or it is going to change names...I think she is right. This is our last time staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Andrea H, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear pdau75,

Thank you for your time in posting your feedback. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stays previously. I apologize that your stay with us this time was less than satisfying. Your comments will be used as opportunity for improvements. We hope you will consider being our guest again.

Andrea
Director of Sales
Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I wasn't quite sure how to rate this hotel, so I decided to give it an average grade.
Positive... Staff and front desk. They were tremendous. I had a great time talking and joking with those girls.
Average.... The rooms. Plenty or room. But, the suite aspect is a kitchenette in the room and nothing more.
Negatives.... Some of the furniture. One of the rooms we rented hat furniture that was broken and well worn.
Would I stay again? To be treated right? Yes. For the rooms? Maybe...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear drwn,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments online. I am very pleased to read that you had a great time with our staff.

On the other hand, I am sorry to hear that you didn't find our rooms to your liking. Please accept our sincerest apologies if this aspect didn't meet your expectations.

Rest assured that your feedback will be reviewed and will be used to target opportunity areas. We all look forward to having the pleasure of serving you once again.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed in a suite. It was large as hotel rooms go. It has a small kitchen with a full frig, counter top stove with two burners, mircowave, dishwasher, dishes etc. It has a seperate bedroom with a flat screen in it.. There is also a flat screen in the living room with a couch and chair.

The desk is set up so you can see the TV as you work and the outlets are easy to reach to plug your computer into.

They only clean the rooms once a week, so you do not have daily service.

The front desk is friendly and always very nice. They have an exercise room and a laundry room. It is a pet friendly hotel and there were a number of pets staying when I was there.

This hotel is for extended stays.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Andrea H, Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear JeffreyTravel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed our front desk and that they were friendly. It is great to hear your stay was satisfactory. We look forward to having you be our guest again!

Andrea
Director of Sales
Candlewood Suites

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Candlewoods have always been a great hotel to stay in but this hotel did not live up to expectations. The outside and lobby of hotel are well maintained. The beds are very uncomfortable. The hotel must cater to pets because my room had pet hair and a smell of pets not to mention all the damage to the furniture from the cats and dogs in the room, I even included pictures of damage. This hotel is designed for extended stay, disturbing to think that pets stay in hotel for days at a time while owners are away. The staff is great and very friendly.

Room Tip: If not traveling with pets ask for a room that has not had pets living in it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank chuckghutch
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear chuckghutch,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am happy to know that you found our staff to be friendly. However, please accept my apologies that you were inconvenienced by the condition of the bed that you were given and maintenance levels being sub par. I have taken note of your feedback and I will be relaying this to the appropriate departments to consider for improvements needed at our hotel.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Typical Candlewood if you have ever stayed at one before.

Staff was extremely friendly, and helpful. Hotel was clean and extra towels were given to us upon request. Close to the expressway but outside noise was minimal.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2013

After kind of a rocky start our 2 night getaway turned out great. We were warmly greeted when we arrived and told we had been upgraded to a queen suite. We also received two coupons to choose a soda in the "market". We head to our room and open the door and there are tools, a cleaning cart and carpet shampooer in the room. We head back to the desk and she apologizes for our inconvenience over and over. She had written the room number down incorrectly. For all of our "trouble" she gave us extra points on our Priority Club rewards card, which we told her wasn't necessary, but she insisted. Room was spotless and has everything you need. The only thing that could have made this better would have been a king size bed. I guess we are just spoiled with a king size at home. No complaints here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side might be less noisy. Nothing kept us awake, but there was traffic noise on o...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Candlewood Suites is the very first hotel I personally paid to stay in overnight. I found the full kitchen equipped with dishes and complimentary coffee and popcorn very impressive and useful for my situation. I was throwing my boyfriend a birthday party so the full kitchen and the bar table helped a great deal with setting the food out for everyone and having places to seat five or six people. The hotel room was spacious and the internet connection was excellent. My only conplaint would be that the bed was too firm. I guess I can't really complain because I read a couple reviews about the beds and decided to book a room anyway. Luckily, the sofa bed was very comfortable, though. I would and definitely will book more nights at the Candlewood Suites hotels.

• Stayed: October 2012