“Perfect for parties or extended stays.”

Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne
Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Candlewood Suites is the very first hotel I personally paid to stay in overnight. I found the full kitchen equipped with dishes and complimentary coffee and popcorn very impressive and useful for my situation. I was throwing my boyfriend a birthday party so the full kitchen and the bar table helped a great deal with setting the food out for everyone and having places to seat five or six people. The hotel room was spacious and the internet connection was excellent. My only conplaint would be that the bed was too firm. I guess I can't really complain because I read a couple reviews about the beds and decided to book a room anyway. Luckily, the sofa bed was very comfortable, though. I would and definitely will book more nights at the Candlewood Suites hotels.

• Stayed: October 2012
There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We selected Candlewood Suites because our family needs to have a kitchenette when we travel. Our event was just south of downtown and the drive was 15-20 minutes, weekend traffic.
So, the travel time was convenient enough.

The property is just off I-69 but the signage is hard to see from the side roads off the exit. The mapquest directions did get us there, though. We learned that Glenbrook mall is close as are several restaurants and shopping centers (within minutes). There are also many churches within a 10 minute drive.

The front desk staff were courteous and helpful and check in went smooth (as did check out!) There are luggage carts in the foyer ready for guest use.

Our room (one queen suite, non-smoking)) was spacious and clean. Our first impression was how roomy it was. The bathroom was spacious and clean. The family LOVED the towels! Lots of hotwater. The bed was firm, and there were ample pillows. There is a desk space with its own lighting and an ethernet port in the bedroom. We didn't use the free internet service, but we did know it was available. We did use the weekly code for the free wifi service for our tween to use her Ipod and had no difficulties. There are fairly large closets in the main entry area and the bedroom. They offered a laundry basket for guest use of their complimentary washers and dryers (you provide your own detergent). We didn't use the laundry machines or the fitness area, but both seemed to be clean and well kept.

Once we got a little settled in, we noticed the large ripped area on the recliner chair (as if the covering had been peeled off in a patch), a red kool-aid type stain on the carpet near the sleeper sofa (again, we knew about it but didn't use it- there was bedding for it in a closet) and few stains on the sofa cushions.

However, these were easy to over look as the kitchenette and dining bar were a true highlight! The two burner range was easy to use and the microwave was situated over the range. The dishwasher was a touch loud, but fast and efficient. The fridge was clean and spacious (with ice maker) and they provided a plastic pitcher, dishes/cups/glasses/flatware for 4, a large glass bowl with lid, a smaller plastic storage bowl with lid, a colander, measuring cup, toaster,cutting board, a few large knives, a large plastic fork, a cranking can opener, assorted pots/pans/lids and 5 cup coffee maker. They provided salt, pepper, sweeteners, powdered creamers, some tea bags and a decaf coffee packet. (I brought my own coffee, so I didn't ask at the desk for more). There was plenty of liquid dishsoap, 2 dishwasher detergent packs, a wash cloth, towel and hot pad. I was looking for a spatula utensil, but couldn't find one. There is a LOT of kitchen storage- including a floor to ceiling pantry. The dining bar/work space was excellent for family meals!

A thermostat controls the climate and the system advertises that it runs on motion detection. It was set at 72 when we arrived, but became more comfortable for us at 68-69. It ran a bit loud, but did cycle off. If the windows are closed you can NOT hear the highway (we were on the north side of the building facing the highway). Being on the 2nd floor, I expected noise from above, but didn't hear any. We did encounter a few pet owners, but they were responsible.

The property offered a complimentary soda from their honor "store" where you can pick up your forgotten items for small charge. They also have a catalog of movies to borrow at no charge.

Our kids favorite spot was the swimming pool! It was clean, spacious, LOTS of towels and seating, set off from the rest of the floor plan on the south side with lots of windows for nice sunlight. And, we were alone each time we used it!

We truly did enjoy this property and would stay here again if needed. If you are sensitive to noise, ask for a 3rd floor, south side room. But, we had no complaints on our northside 2nd floor.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to potential noise, ask for a 3rd floor, south side room. But, we had no compl...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2012

If your looking for an extended stay this is your place! You have the nicest staff to greet you and the kitchens are great! Sink, stove, and regular size fridge! Dining is close and shopping. Great stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We have been here at this hotel for 4 months now...we travel all over the United States and rarely find that "special hotel" that makes u feel like welcomed...all the employees are friendly and most always have a smile...Jane, assistant manager, is awesome!! The hotel is clean, clean, clean...love the housekeepers...Danielle always makes sure I get what I need with the linens and Sally always brightens ur day if ur in the lobby first thing in the morning enjoying ur coffee...I do miss James who use to work here...the maintenance crew is awesome too..they are always there to fix any problem u might have...this hotel is in a great location to the mall, grocery stores, and attractions...you won't go wrong with making ur reservation here!! ALL THE STAFF is great and friendly and always greets you with a smile...we will miss this place when we leave!!

Room Tip: if you smoke ask for the end of the building close to gazebo!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The BEST Candlewood Suites EVER!! Its not renovated yet, but it is by far the BEST! Actually the best extended stay hotel we have stayed at EVER! My boyfriend and I travel for work, we travel ALL the time, and the staff at Ft Wayne Candlewood is AMAZING, ask for Jane she is awesome and always greets you with a smile and remembers you. James is the housekeeping manager and is sweet as can be. Sabrina, Angela, and Cher are all wonderful! The whole experience was GREAT! We stayed for 2-3 months July-Sept 2012. We left 1 time and had to stay at another Candlewood that was not as impressive as the Fort Wayne Candlewood. I Miss the whole Staff and actually cried when we left because it was like leaving family....lol but really I did cry :) Oh and they also have an Awesome indoor swimming pool for water aerobics or just relaxing! The Best of everything you could want in a hotel with a wonderful home away from home feeling!!
Kudos to you Fort Wayne You deserve it!! Thank you all for being my home away from home family! We miss you all....... Beth, Greg, and Zoe

Room Tip: Get a Priority Rewards account its worth it!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here this past weekend on a visit to the Auburn, Cord, Duesenberg Festival in Auburn. Standard set up for a Candlelight Suites hotel. The staff was outstanding and had a room for me even though I was early and trying to beat the rain scheduled to arrive from Isaac remnants. I wanted to do my visit Friday and beat the rain. Worked out very well and I skipped the 2nd day of my visit due to the rain and had no problem canceling the 2nd day. Hard to beat the convenience and well appointed rooms and the pantry. This hotel is just off I-69 and quick off and back on. Would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
CQL1979, Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

BigMike60_70!
Thank you for staying with us over the Labor Day holiday/ACD Festival!! I unfortunately did not get the chance to meet you, but you must have made quite an impression, because most of the staff told me how great you were! So, you left a memorable impression!
Please, whenever you are back in our area - come back and stay with us! Make sure you make yourself known ; )
My hometown is Auburn - hope you had a great time at ACD!!!!
Warm Regards,
Cherri Lockwood
Candlewood Suites Manager

Reviewed July 20, 2012

My stay was actually in March or April 2012 but the staff was so nice I thought I'd give them a cyber pat on the back. Very welcoming and they recognized us as Priority Club members. If your not a member, why not? It's beneficial.

Candlewood Suites are Holiday Inns version of extended stay. Our particular room this time consisted of a separate bedroom, Kitchen/Living Room and bathroom. The quality of the furnishings is not luxe but quite adequate. The pricing matches the accomodation level. Because this is a lower priced option and for long-term working travellers know this: You will share this facility with blue collar workers (absolutely nothing wrong with them or what they do, don't get me wrong) this means that their trucks may idle in the parking lot all night long (as did during my stay, there were at least 5 outside my window) and these workers may be a little rougher on the towels and linens (my towels were washed but clearly had been used in the past by a mechanic) Bottom line, you will notice little things that are alittle bothersome, accept it in advance or don't choose an extended stay type of property.

This particular unit is not next to any restaurants but are within a short driving distance.

Had a small billing/points issue but one phone call when I returned home got that very courteously and promptly corrected. I am alway impressed when someone treats your problem with importance even when you are no longer a guest. It shows they care.

Room Tip: Fully stocked kitchen, bring your food and save money and time. Join the hotel's rewards progra...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thank you, MommeontheGo!!
I actually read your review a while ago, but wanted to respond when I could give you some updates!!
We have gotten (since you were here last) some things that will make your visit even more enjoyable when you come next.... New flat screen TV's in every guest room, new terry cloth linens for the bathrooms, new beautiful lobby furniture, we are now non-smoking (Indiana passed new law), we no longer have trucks running in the parking lot AND we have the field next to us up for sale - so if you know anyone that would like to build a restaurant by us - that would be great!!! Ha Ha!!
I am so glad that whatever the issue was that you had with billing, it got taken care of fast and efficiently!
Thank you for such an upbeat and very honest review! Please come back and let us know who you are!! ; )
Cherri Loclwood