“First visit”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I found this restaurant by using Yelp. Since it was Monday we ordered the Oyster special at 1:25 per oyster.
I had a cup of the soup does your which was Asian chicken vegetable and I loved it. My wife had crabcakes and she found them quite delicious. I had the Covina which was served with rice balls also delicious.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed May 22, 2019 via mobile

Love this place.... reminds me of an old Boston restaurant! Service was great and super friendly and the food was excellent! Try the Cioppino it is terrific! Large group can sit in the back room which is accessible by walking through the kitchen!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

The place is small but the food is scrumptious with a variety of seafood cuisine. They have very good clam chowder soup.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 8, 2019

I'll admit it: I was intimidated to go here. But damn, am I glad we did.

We called saturday at around 1pm to see if we could get reservations for 7, table of four. They said yes, but we would be in the Back Room. As it turns out, I feel that the back room was more desireable - the front was a little tight, and going through the kitchen was awesome.

We were onsite almost 2 hours, and it really didn't feel anything like it.

Appetizers:

Oysters on Half-shell. Wife says: "I've had oysters all up and down Florida, and I've never seen them cleaned so well, this is ridiculous." They were wonderful, perfect, clean and fresh. It was almost like they were removed from the shell, which was then scoured clean and polished, then placed back in for serving.

Escargot: I've eaten them before on cruises, where they're just swimming in butter and garlic and I thought that it was THE Way to eat escargots. I am here to tell you that I was wrong. These were served in a delicious sauce, something like a mornay, flavored with bleu cheese. I don't know how I'll ever settle for anything else, honestly.

Each of us ordered different entrees, and we ended up going all family-style on them, as we each wanted to share the goodness with each other. We had:

Seafood Au Gratin - The star of the evening
Crabby Prawns
Diver Scallops
Evening special - Flounder on Polenta with a sauce thing

Cocktails were reasonable and delicious, dinner was superb.

We are not a well-to-do family by any means. This was, for us, a pretty expensive night out, but it was absolutely worth it to have four food lovers declare it the best meal we've ever had.

In short, we've got a cruise coming up in a few months, for which we have reservations for the Chef's Table. I'm cancelling it - it won't compete with the dinner we had at Oyster Bar.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank brianstringer71
Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

Atmosphere old and outdated, they recommend reservations, don’t take the back room it’s a storage room with tables. We went there because of other friends recommendations, what a disappointment. Three of us ordered walleye and tile Fish, and my wife ordered salmon. Walleye had a old taste and greasy the tile fish tasted good but had a whole bunch of breading. My wife’s wife’s salmon was overcooked, thy tried to cook again brought it back raw. So while the rest of us are eating my wife had to sit there and wait for them to re-cook the salmon. they offered to take the salmon off the bill but not the salad because she ate the salad while waiting on her salmon. This is a seafood restaurant, you would think the cook would know how to cook salmon.

Date of visit: April 2019