“Great food & Entertainment, but horrible management”
Review of Takaoka Of Japan

Takaoka Of Japan
Ranked #105 of 673 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Our family of 7 visited Takaoka of Japan in November in celebration of my daughter's 16th birthday. Also in our party was our 12 year old autistic son who only will eat very particular things which would require us to bring along a meal for him. Long story short, our son was asked to eat the meal in which we brought along for him in the lobby or the parking lot. Only then was he allowed back in the restaurant, to which he had to sit the entire time watching the rest of us eat after having, I'm sure, feeling like an outcast, made to eat his meal outside. There is no excuse for this discrimination. The following week I contacted corporate who agreed that this was unacceptable and stated he would get back with me. I've not heard a thing . . and like I said, this was in November. $150 spent for our son to be discriminated against. Unacceptable and we will NEVER return to ANY of the Halls establishments.

3  Thank nurseangie2

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We took our family of 4 to Takaoka after hearing about it from a friend and noticing it was on the list for Miles Plus Dining and in Fort Wayne there are only a few to pick from. Our 4 year old really liked the show from the chef as he put together the food for our table, however he wasn't a huge fan of the food just because it isn't the typical kid food. He did eat the chicken, and really enjoyed the chopsticks and show. Our 2 year old was pretty much just scared the whole time, however we didn't expect the kids to get much out of the restaurant especially after we found out they don't really have kids meals...they just have a discounted fee that you can split among your kids for a plate charge. The food was good however, but if we went again we would not take our kids which is saying something since we have taken our kids all over the planet...there just isn't enough value in the kids meals to take the kids. I think this is a great date night/adult place to dine and we will visit again.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

the last time their, the food was just ok, but when the works was chasing the little mouse on the floor that all it took

Reviewed November 10, 2012

this is one of the best places to eat in ft wayne. as a family and buseiness owner i take customers here weekly for dinner. great place to eat and to be entertained. great staff all the way around, both gas house and takaoka. very very friendly and great food!

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

My mom took me there as a child and I have now taken my daughter. She is 7 years old and the chef kept her engaged and trying new tastes. I have ALWAYS loved this place but seeing the way they handled my inquisitive child I am even more impressed. Great food and a ton of fun.

2  Thank Erin L