“My girlfriend got "gaggy."”

Flanagan's Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #410 of 649 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Cuisines: American, Bar, Irish, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
auburn, indiana
“My girlfriend got "gaggy."”
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I went here tonight with my girlfriend. Atmosphere is very unique - almost gawdy - but still kinda "fun." The best thing about this Irish Pub (that doesn't serve Irish food) is the fun logo on the sign - "Flanagan's." That logo is cool. Unfortunately for Flanagan's, a great sign isn't the backbone of a restaurant - the kitchen is. This was a real life "Kitchen Nightmares."

Service - we were treated fine. My only complaint is that we didn't come REMOTELY CLOSE to finishing our food (see below), and the server did not follow through to ask, "Was there a problem?" Honestly - she didn't seem surprised that we didn't finish.

Menu - This is a huge, international, non-Irish, extensive menu. That's NOT a good thing (read on)... This is an IRISH pub (which is why we went there), and they have EVERYTHING except Irish Food. I asked specifically for a Shepherd's pie - and they only serve that near St. Patrick's day. But if you'd prefer Italian, Mexican, Burgers, or steaks -- they have sections on these. Just not any Irish food (except the Reuben). The first three or four pages of the "Word-Art" designed menu were dedicated to alcoholic drinks, if you're into that (we're not). It literally took us 15 minutes to decide what we wanted because the menu was so huge. With a menu THAT large, I wondered how on earth the kitchen could keep so many ingredients fresh. I found out - they didn't (obviously). It tastes like they freeze, re-heat, or use canned food for just about everything.

I ordered some Italian chicken dish. The chicken dish was below average -but I did eat it. The vegetables and bacon over the chicken tasted pretty weird though. It came with a side pasta with Alfredo sauce. It was lukewarm and the sauce was very very gritty.... similar to the way leftovers would taste three or four days after visiting a restaurant. I sent the pasta back.

I also paid extra to get the French onion soup which was highly recommended on the internet. DISGUSTING. First of all, it came with sourdough toast - which in itself indeed was great - but was a horrible combination with French onion soup. The soup itself tasted like Campbell's with a teaspoon of salt added. The onions in the soup dissolved in my mouth like applesauce. The croutons in the soup were like Pudding. The flavor was very salty. I didn't eat more than three spoonfuls of the soup; this was sent back as well.

My girlfriend ordered the Pita Chicken Fajita. The chicken was incredibly salty and the dripping with grease. The pita fell apart it was so saturated with grease. She couldn't finish it. The fajita came with french fries (???) that tasted like they had been sitting out in a warmer for 6 hours. She HARDLY cleared her plate. She hardly ate anything. I offered to go to Taco Bell after but she said, "No I don't think I could eat anything right now and not gag.... I need some gum."

• Visited March 2011

fort wayne indiana
“The best Reuben in the world”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Their Reuben is succulent and tender, of course their fries are the best and the sauces they provide with the Reuben are delicious, no matter what I can never resist their delicious Reuben.

• Visited January 2011
fort wayne
“Amazing huge menu and its all good !!”
Reviewed August 16, 2010

there menu is awesome... over one hundred items ... something for everyone , If you cant find something there then your to picky !!!

“The food and service are great. Nice...”
Reviewed March 5, 2010

The food and service are great. Nice people, big menu!

Fort Wayne, IN
“Great variety of food to choose”
Reviewed March 25, 2009

Flanagan's has a HUGE menu, if you can't find something on their menu that you will love then you are too picky :)