“Disappointed” 3 of 5 bubbles

Flanagan's Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #385 of 645 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Cuisines: American, Bar, Irish, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

We used to frequent Flanagan's weekly, as it's convenient to work, however their new prices and menu have removed them from our radar. 60% increase in cost for what I normally got for lunch is unreasonable. Also struggle with their "punch card" rules. When a patron goes to the trouble of waiting on a "punch" each visit only to be told the card has expired when they try to use it - that's frustrating. Our situation was that it was only a few days past the expiration date, so we inquired to ask the manager only to have him spend a good 10 minutes "lecturing" us about the cost of running a business and making a profit. Not exactly what we'd anticipated for a response!

Disappointed that Flanagan's is no longer on our list of places to go for lunch, since it WAS such a nice place to go in the past.

Visited February 2014

Lorain, OH
“Outstanding food, outstanding service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

So, I was hungry for fish and chips and my GPS led me Flanagan's as it was close to my hotel. This restaurant has great atmosphere. I was prompty greeted at the door and shown a booth. My server Ryan was outstanding throughout my dining experience. He was very attentive.

The menu had a great selection of appetizers, sandwiches, main courses and dessert as well as drinks. I ordered fish and chips and it came with my choice of a dinner salad or caeser salad or soup. While waiting for my meal, Ryan brought me a basket of garlic toast that was the size of Texas! The slices were huge. My salad came next and not bad for a caeser. It too was huge for a dinner salad. Not long after the main course came. The fish and chips is actually fish, chips and breaded shrimp. The fish was cod, but it was delicious. Fried golden brown and very light and flaky. The shrimp was very good. They had a golden breadcrumb coating and the portion was very large as there was six of them. It also came with fries, but there was a host of other side dishes one could substitute.

Overall, a very satisfying experience. I had a draft beer (Bud Lite), Caeser Salad, Fish, Chips and Shrimp, and Texas Toast for only $16.30 and great service to top it off! I highly recommend this establishment.

• Visited January 2014
Akron, Ohio
“Not just an Irish Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

This place was very accommodating. They were able to seat my daughter's soccer team, plus parents ( about 34), without advance notice. The beers were cold and the portions were huge!

The decor was very interesting, lots of knick-knacks and high vaulted ceilings in the main dining area. The menu was extensive. Not just limited to traditional Irish fare. By all accounts, everyone's meals were great.

There is a separate sports bar with plenty of seats and TVs for game days. Plan to return during the next soccer event here.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“I really enjoyed the atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

The place is set up like a irish dining hall .. complete with vaulted ceilings and tons of beams and clocks everywhere. The food was good too. I had the ribs and my husband had a steak. Both very good.

Visited December 2013
Dayton, Ohio
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

This place is probably fine for football, appetizers & beer. First visit here, so we asked what was good; the waitress gave the all encompassing: "Everything's great here." She was very attentive to the neighboring table, running back & forth to the bar 3 times to find out info for them. By the time she took our order, the restaurant was out of prime rib (@7pm). While we were deciding on an alternative order, she and two other waitresses brought the neighboring table their bar order, then lots of yelling & cheering (mostly by the waitresses) ensued. Made me wish we had a waitress. Anyway, the kitchen must have been swamped because when she finally took our order (after the neighboring table was done chugging their drinks), it took another 45 min to get 2 steaks & pre-made shepard's pie. The steak was cooked as ordered although they LOVE Montreal steak seasoning salt, so brace yourself. It should also be noted that with a 12oz steak, 3-4 oz of it was fat. This was not marbled into the steak, this was all positioned at one end of the steak & was present on both steaks. The presentation of the shepard's pie lent itself to the idea that the meat portion was in a vat that they ladled into a bowl (not a baking dish), they then plopped a scoop of their garlic mashed potatoes on top, sprinkled with cheese & heated (microwaved?). We couldn't figure out which of our (3) meals took so long to cook for such a long wait. Overall, nothing too horrible but nothing great either. Definitely won't be going here again though.

• Visited November 2013