“A nice choice in Fort Wayne”

Eddie Merlot's Fort Wayne
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie Merlot's Fort Wayne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 681 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: West Jefferson Boulevard
Transit: Jefferson Pointe Shopping Center.
Description: At Eddie Merlot’s hospitality and the comfort of our guests are our highest mission; we pledge to provide the finest service, highest quality foods, in world class facilities for our guests to enjoy a memorable experience. Eddie Merlot’s features USDA Prime Aged Beef, fresh seafood, and many other offerings including an extensive wine list. Eddie Merlot’s starts with Prime beef, only 2% of all U.S. beef is awarded this certification. We age it for a minimum of 21 days, to an unparalleled standard of tenderness and flavor. The chef selects each piece, before hand-cutting and seasoning the thick, tender and juicy steaks to your specifications, then to seal in the flavor, we flash-sear your steak on our special high-heat grills. Our from scratch kitchen crafts everything fresh daily from dressings and sauces to appetizers, sides, and desserts. Come and enjoy an “Exceptional Experience”.
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Good location and very good food. The pork chop was a bit lacking and the view out the one end of the building could use some help but besides that its a really great place. Eric the bartender is very good and the lobster cheddar soup is great. Try the bar area they have live music some nights.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Unfortunately, we tried Eddie's when it first came to FW, thinkging we were in for a great treat. It was our anniversary and we wanted to take in a great meal and a movie. After sending my wife's steak back twice (it was to be well done) it was still red enough that she could not finish it and we did not have time to send it back a third time. In the restaurant's defense, I contacted the manager ahd he did send us a gift certificate to try them again. We did, and even though it was OK, it is was not up to a Ruth's Chris or Morton's experiencs.

1  Thank hoosierguy50
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This place is fabulous. The steak is top notch, and the sides are fabulous and enough to share. The bread is beyond words!
It's pricey, but the lounge does offer a limited, but more reasonably priced, menu. Also on Friday nights they have a fantastic acoustic duo in the lounge.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I made the mistake of ordering the lasagna. I am not by any standard a food critic, however I know good pasta when I taste it. My lasagna sat all day. To the point that the pasta had turned into something similar to wheat paste. It was disgusting. I asked for a fresh piece but the waiter told me that it was all the same and that they commonly get similar complaints about the lasagna. Apparently this is how they prepare their lasagna. it's made the day before or the week before, who knows. Avoid the lasagna.
Everything else we had was ok. The calamari wasn't overcooked. and other pastas we had were fine.
The menu is a bit overpriced for what it is. But the wine list isn't that bad.
Our waiter changed my order to a different entrée and I was reasonably happy. I find it a bit worrisome however that they are getting many complaints about the lasagna and have failed to correct the matter.
For the prices they charge this shouldn't happen.
This restaurant is very noisy.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Had a business dinner here and the experience was pretty amazing. The steak was tremendous. The service was the best I've ever had by far. You will pay for it to come here however.