“Beautiful inside; wish we had more of a description on the menu items”

Don Hall's Tavern At Coventry
Ranked #10 of 655 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dayton
“Beautiful inside; wish we had more of a description on the menu items”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

While at a seminar in the area, my friend and I decided to go to the Tavern at Coventry for dinner. It wasn't crowded, being after 7 pm, and the service was quick and friendly. My friend asked if one menu item was "spicy," and our server went to the kitchen to ask. Upon her return, she said, "No, not spicy at all." Well, it was terribly spicy, and my friend could not eat it. My dinner was decent, except for really overcooked broccoli.
Still, the atmosphere was gorgeous and the people friendly, if not knowledgeable about the menu items. A little pricey.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Great salad called Strawberry Fields Salad”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had a great salad called Strawberry Fields Salad that my fiance and I split, along with an appetizer of spinach and artichoke dip. We were stuffed!!! Normally if you order spinach and artichoke dip at a restaurant you get a very small portion size, not so at Tavern At Coventry! The spinach and artichoke dip came in a huge dish and it was SOOO much for us to eat! The Strawberry Fields Salad was great as well, definitely enough to share! It was really nice to order while sitting outside on their deck that can be shaded if you ask. We will be back for sure!

Fairview Heights, Illinois
“A little disappointed!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went here since it was close to my hotel and read favorable reviews on Trip Advisor. The restaurant is comfortable and inviting. My server was attentive and friendly. I was somewhat disappointed in the food. I ordered angel hair pasta with shrimp and crab and found it rather bland.The Caesar salad was iceberg lettuce with a glob of Caesar dressing in a small container. Come on! How hard is it to mix a fresh Caesar salad. I would not serve that to myself at home. The cheese garlic bread was good. I really wanted to give Don Hall a higher rating but the Caesar salad thing was inexcusable!

Lakeshore, Canada
“Friendly Place”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We popped in after walking from our hotel. We sat at the bar and had the best bartender ever. His name was Bailey and he was fast and very friendly. Drinks were strong and cold and our food was awesome. We met other people while sitting at the bar and everyone was very friendly. Even with the reputable chain restaurants in the area, this is the place to go.....no question!

Visited May 2013
Shepherdstown, West Virginia
“yummy fish and sides!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Halls served our group of twenty or so. Several choices for enter and desert. Everyone was happy. I had salmon with fabulous sweet potato fried shred. mmmmm. so good I went back for same dinner when we were back in town this month. Next night I ordered the tuna over wild rice. Excellent partnering of enter components. Another great fish dinner. my partner had haddock and was equally impressed.