“Disappointing ”

Cuisines: American, Deli
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

So while I wish I could be like others on here to write a good review for Dash-In, unfortunately I am not.
We were staying at a near by hotel and wanted to grab some take out from here for lunch at about 12:30pm on a Saturday. We entered the establishment to only be very rudely greeted by a short blonde girl with “ you need to leave. She, pointing to our daughter can not be in here.” I responded by saying we only wanted to order take out. The girl says “I’m sorry but you can’t stay in here with her.” Again I said I understand that but we want to order take out so can we? She responds with yes but walks away.
I figured she was going to get us menus but she returned without them and looked at our daughter and said “you need to leave”. My daughter looked at me and “sorry I picked her to get their club sandwich mom.” My daughter stood outside the door. Again I asked the blonde girl if I could order take out, she walked away again. This time she did not return. However, when a dark haired girl walked by I asked her if I could order take out with her since the blonde girl was simply to rude to help us. She responded with “I’m so sorry and of course”. I would like to say the food was worth the ordeal but honestly it wasn’t. I would also like to say maybe it was just us the blonde girl was rude to but I watched her very rudely tell another mom that they couldn’t even order food and sit outside. Rude customer service with hurt you every time. I will not return and I will not recommend this establishment. I also informed the hotel manager of it so that they don’t suggest this establishment to their guests.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

Dash-in is a quaint restaurant in an old building off one of the Main Streets in Fort Wayne and serves the best Ruben sandwhich in Fort Wayne. Their menu offers more melts, soups and salads to warm you on a chilly day and a great ambience with grand store front windows and wooden tables that rest on old hard wood floors. The service is great. You might find the wait a bit long, but the food is served hot. Tunes playing in the background appeal to multiple generations and prompt “Who is singing that song” games. This is a great place to converse, eat, and enjoy one of Fort Wayne’s relics.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 18, 2019

Went on our monthly couples date with friends. Food was okay, but not extraordiary for the price. Atmosphere was noisy and not conducive to conversation. We had to yell to one another to communicate. Much of this was due to neighboring table who were extremely noisy. Some sound deadening would greatly enhance the experience or have waitress intervene and address the noise level with patrons who are not courteous to others.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

Stopped here while traveling through on business. Nice location right downtown. It was a Friday during the lunch rush and there was parking right out front. We wwre seated as soon as we walked in. Nice vibe to the place in a historical building. Lots of choices on the menu. All of us in the business party ordered something different and all of us were happy. Portions were huge. Pricing was commensurate with a downtown location and portion sizes. Would definitely like go back during happy hour. The bar had a lot of choices on tap and the drink menu had every drink you'd want.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 9, 2018 via mobile

Really easy going place with a mixture of fun Grilled Cheeses (Jalapeño Popper was so worth the calories ), great appetizers, loads of other menu choices, and always great service every time we have wondered in.

Date of visit: December 2018