“The Chop's Salad is simply amazing.”

Chop's Steak & Seafood
Ranked #18 of 683 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2010

Everything about Chop's is simply delightful, but what really puts this place over the top is their "out of this world" salad. It also does't hurt having a picture of mike ditka flipping the bird in the bathroom.

Reviewed November 6, 2009

The first time I went to Chop's, it was for a special occasion. My grandparents were coming in from California to celebrate my grandpa's 80th birthday. I called around to every nice restaurant and every where was booked for prom. My friend told me about Chop's and the owner answered the phone when I called. He was so nice and squeezed us in. Our actual visit had even better service. They even brought out a complimentary chocolate dessert for his birthday. The experience was well above my expectations.

We ordered the special - Halibut with rice and spinach. The spinach was deep fried - it was so good! My grandparents loved the restaurant, and so did we! It's my favorite in town. Every time we go, we always get something on special for the main course. My husband and I always share a meal because they are such huge portions. They split the plates for us - no added extra charge. I would also suggest the spicy beef eggrolls for an appetizer. They aren't really spicy at all (and trust me, I'm pretty sensitive to spice) and melt in your mouth. It's the sauce you can dip them into to make it more spicy.

The only suggestion I would have is to call to make a reservation. If you don't have one, it isn't going to be always easy to get in - especially on a weekend. Definitely try something on special. It will be well worth the surprise!

Reviewed March 1, 2009

Drink portions are very generous, and the bathrooms are nice (except for the photo of Mike Ditka flipping the bird in the men's room... does that really belong in an "upscale" restaurant??!). Unfortunately, that's about all that's going on Chop's. Not a bad place, but not worth the price of admission. Service was fine, and they do seem to employ an attractive set of female servers... alas, considering that this is a "date night" type place, their beauty goes for naught. There's a Taco Bell in the same parking lot, where you could get off for a fraction of the price and, unfortunately, have the same quality of food. Sayonara, Chop's.

Reviewed May 28, 2008

My wife and I had dinner on a Thursday evening. Everything got off to a bad start when the waitress addressed my wife as "dear". My wife took that as an insult, although the waitress might not have intended it that way. She was, however, a bit arrogant. We are old, but it does not matter. They had one cheap chardonnay wine by the glass. The waitress pushed the half bottle of a better chardonnay, which she said was a glass amount, for $18. My wife ordered citrus chicken salad, which, other than the chicked being dry, was okay. I ordered the almond crusted walleye, which was overcooked and served not only on a hugh pool of sauce, but with sauce also on top. When I paid my bill and was leaving, I talked with the manager. She was defensive and did not want my feedback., Compared to other fine restaurants in Fort Wayne, this place ranks very low in service and food quality.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 19, 2007

Great food but expensive.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook