“Great food and great service!”

Chop's Steak & Seafood
Ranked #18 of 672 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Brought in an out of town guest who was speaking at IPFW. Her plane was late. Chops kept kitchen open past normal lunch time just for us! Now that's service! Plus food was excellent! Our guest was really impressed. Love this place!

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here several times while staying on the area. The food is consistent. The resturant can be a little noisy and service can be a little spotty.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Celebrated a friend's birthday at Chops. Had a variety of meals at our table. My husband had the pork chop. I had a steak. Both were excellent and prepared as asked. Started out with a dirty martini. Chops make the best dirty martini in town. Only had one because plan was to have a dessert. Forget name of dessert, but chocolate and deelish! Will return to Chops

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We visited Chops for the first time for my birthday and had a wonderful time. We both ordered the Filet and it was cooked perfectly and tasted amazing. The waitress spent a lot of time helping my wife select a glass of wine to go with her meal, and drinks never seemed to get 1/4 empty before someone swooped by with a a refill. The Caesar salad that I ordered and the house salad that my wife had was also way above average. We would go back again without question because it was much better than the chain steak restaurants around Fort Wayne and the prices weren't any higher. Highly recommended!

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

It was my first time to this restaurant. My fiancé ordered chicken with pasta and I ordered salmon with risotto. My fiancé's chicken tasted "old" , As though it is been sitting in the fridge for about a week. I tasted the chicken, to me it tasted as though it had freezer burn. The accompanying pasta however was excellent. My salmon was excellent. However the risotto was undercooked and chewy. Inedible.
The wine selection was marginal, however good for Fort Wayne Indiana.
The waitress offered to comp the two entrées and offered free desserts. However when the bill came only one entrée was comp'd. the manager clearly had not backed her decision. this led to a minor altercation and a discussion with the manager. In the end of the manager agreed to comp both entrées.
Luckily my fiancé was understanding and supportive. If I would've been with clients or business associates I would've been very embarrassed and disgusted.
Given that this is supposed to be one of the best restaurants in Fort Wayne, these things should NOT happen.
it's clear the product coming out of the kitchen is inconsistent. The Head Chef or the Manager or both are asleep at the wheel.
Be advised.