“Above average..”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Good food, some of the items a little pricey. No stand out WOW, however, a very nice place to dine as a couple!

There are newer reviews for Chop's Steak & Seafood

Reviewed December 29, 2011

We have been to Chops Wine Bar several times in the last few months. The menu is always fresh and the offerings change frequently enough that you can mix favorites with something different for a unique experience. The staff is top notch and the owner is almost always on site, checking to make sure everything is to your satisfaction. The ambiance is close and comfortable and allows for easy conversation.

Reviewed November 5, 2011

My wife and I were in town on a Saturday evening visiting a relative. We wanted to grab a bite to eat at a nice restaurant before heading back to Ohio. It had been years since I was in this part of town so I did not know anything good from personal experience. I saw Chops in an upper scale strip mall and decided to take a chance. We arrived at around 8.30 and were advised that there was an hour and a half wait for a table. We got lucky and snagged two seats at the bar right away. The guy next to us said the place had good food and was generous with the drinks. That proved to be an understatement. They sure do not skimp on the alcohol. Our drinks were great. But the food was the best surprise. We started with soup. My wife ordered french onion and I ordered a tomato based soup with a fancy name that I cannot remember; but I do remember it was delicious. I ordered a blackened ribeye and my wife ordered a filet. Our steaks arrived within a reasonable time and hot. My steak was nestled on top of perfectly seasoned potatoes with a side of crisp and fresh green beans. The steak was complimented with a terrific sauce. It was the best I have ever had in Fort Wayne. May I also add a comment about the staff. Our very competent and pleasant server was a stunning young red head . As I sat at the bar a constant stream of beautiful servers came to the bar to pick up drink orders for customers. That certainly did not detract from my dining experience. Chops was wonderful in every respect. I’ll be back.

4  Thank Charles B
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Chops has very good food at a reasonable price. They don't skimp on a good house wine either. Best value in town.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Went to Chop's with clients and had wonderful steak dinner. Customers had variety of seafood and steak and were very pleased.
Wine list offered nice variety and new adjoining Chop's Wine Bar next door provided additonal after dnner entertainment.