“Average restaurant”
Review of Black Dog Pub

Black Dog Pub
Ranked #139 of 683 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Cuisines: American
Description: Black Dog Pub offers daily specials, delicious bar food, and a great atmosphere. Whether you know exactly what you want or you want to try a new, craft beer, you call the shots!
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Food was just ok here. Nothing to write home about but we were able to sit outside on a nice Fort Wayne evening. Platters could have been more appealing but ok for a neighborhood place.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stopped by on a Thursday night....pitchers of beer were cold and reasonable priced. The band was very good...playing a nice mixture of music.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

The menu has expanded recently and the service is actually pretty darn good. The burgers are solid and the Big A$$ Tenderloin is a fun thing to try. I would give this place a shot!

Reviewed February 1, 2012

I've gone here numerous times without incident, but I went last Saturday a little later than usual (7pm, for reference) and the place was crammed full of people and there were some exceedingly drunk girls screaming and yelling. Given it is a bar, but c'mon lightweights, 7pm?? Anyways, the food usually takes a little bit of time to get, but it's tasty. I would steer clear of the homemade chips and get the fries. The chips are....well, pretty bad in my opinion but the fries more than make up for it.

Later, the ladies began making out behind me at the jukebox. I asked for the check when I saw my waitress again. Once again, 7pm...on a Friday. Go early if you have a family.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

If you like to favor locally owned restaurants you should give BDP a try.

First is their slogan: Come. Sit. Stay.

Second is their french fries. I pay attention to this. These are among the top two or three in Fort Wayne. Order them extra crispy.

The menu is broad, but no one should confuse it for gourmet.
What you get seems to be tasty prepared-on-site bar food.

Our taste test was their cheeseburger. This burger appeared to be fresh, not frozen, and I believe I could tast the difference.

My son ordered his favorite, chicken strips. No points for healthy, but much tastier than most in the area.

Others have written about poor service. I've been their twice and have enjoy two servers, each a delight.

Now if they would replace Pepsi with Coke.....