“Good burgers”
Review of Acme Bar

Acme Bar
Ranked #336 of 653 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Cuisines: American
Description: Acme Bar & Grill has 26 Craft Beers on tap. We serve a variety of menu items including award winning smoked chicken wings, the BIG ONE pork tenderloin, hard wood smoked ribs and chicken, 1/2LB burgers, Carolina pulled pork and the original Acme pizza. Acme also carries an extensive selection of unique bottled import beers and micro brews. We are "Where neighbors meet" since 1941!
Michigan
“Good burgers”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This neighborhood hot spot is a small old bar. They have been know for the burgers forever. It's a fun afternoon spot for fried food and a cold beer.

Visited September 2012

Madison, Wisconsin
“Great BBQ, great service - packed house (for a Tuesday!)”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was on a business trip to Fort Wayne, IN, in late March 2013. Looking for a good neighborhood place to eat at, someone recommended the Acme Bar and Pizza - so I went down to State Blvd. to find it. What a great place - I accidently entered in the "pizza side" of the bar, but quickly found my way to the front, where I grabbed a table after waiting for a moment - DUH - "seat yourself"! Ha ha ha!

I was quickly served - theme of the night - and had a cold beer and a wonderful bbq pulled pork with cheese sandwich. No skimpy portions here....nice big pile o' meat, tangy sauce, and cheese on a fair-sized roll. I enjoyed some great coleslaw with a good robust flavor, and chatted with some very friendly locals about Fort Wayne. The waitress was very efficient - she had the entire bar to herself PLUS working about 10 tables on the floor. I was suprised at the quickness of service due to her being all over the place - kudos for that! Great food and a great brownie with Bailey's whipped cream for dessert. I basically waddled out of there......mmm!

• Visited March 2013
“Not a drive-through”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We recently moved to this area and one of our favorite things about living here is being within walkng distance of the Acme Bar. It's NOT fast food - thankfully. It's delicious pizza, crisp cold Greek salads and huge tenderloin sandwiches. Part of the fun is trying new, interesting beers on tap, joking with the servers, and taking time to eat and visit. We bring friends here, as well as our grandchildren and OUR parents. Everyone we know loves the ACME. There are drive-through places down the street, but this is "where neighbors meet". Keep it up.

• Visited January 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nostalgic visit.”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Food was so-so, but then I really don't care for bar food. But the atmosphere was nice, and I was glad to see that some renovation had been done since my last visit many years ago.

Visited December 2012
“Slooooow Service”
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

I grew up going to the Acme bar. It just feels like a junky little bar now and my goodness the service is slow. I thought they remodeled the place but its doesn't look all that different to me. We ordered a pizza and by the time it was delivered to our table it was getting cold. It was good, just cold. And service that slow is just annoying.

5 Thank Missy C