“We LOVE this place!!!”

Fort Wayne Children's Zoo
Ranked #1 of 59 things to do in Fort Wayne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Winner of the 2014 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Award ...and also voted Indiana's #1 Summer "Gotta-Do" Attraction in a contest sponsored by the Indiana Office of Tourism & Development. The Fort Wayne Children's Zoo is operated by the non-profit Fort Wayne Zoological Society under a cooperative agreement with the Fort Wayne Parks and Recreations Department. The zoo receives no tax funding for operations and operates solely on earned revenue and donations. Our Mission: Connecting kids and animals Strengthening families, Inspiring people to care.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We go to the zoo at least twice a month in the summer!! we love it there. I have 4 kids aged 5 and under and we all love it!! Bring a change of clothes cause the kids will want to play in the water fountain/ small splash ground. Absolutely gorgeous.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

This zoo is extremely kid friendly. The extra rides add excitement for our 7 year old. Well laid out and easy to navigate!

Reviewed May 10, 2012

The zoo is well kept and always very clean. However, it is small compared to other zoos. You can go through about everything in about an hour or so. If you like Monkeys and Kangaroos, it may take you longer because they have a huge amount of those, especially monkeys. I personally would like to know what zoo's African Exhibit does not include elephants! Maybe if they didn't spend so much resources on all of the monkey exhibits, they would be able to have elephants, just saying. I just do not think that you get what you pay for here. If you want to spend a day at the zoo, then I suggest going to the Toledo Zoo. It costs about the same, but you get so much more. It is worth the trip.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

I'm not a huge animal fan, but I am a huge fan of this zoo. I love all the different segments to the zoo and the HUGE assortment of animals and their habitats they live in. This is a great zoo even if your just a child at heart. There are a lot of rides, and fun things to do other than see the animals. It was very clean and you could see most of the animals, even when they were sleeping. When I took my niece and nephew (6/5 at the time) it took us about 4 hours to make our way through the zoo, and that was rushing through some exhibits. There is a nice area outside of the zoo for picnics with easy access back into the zoo. Totally recommend to anyone with some time to kill and/or love animals.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

This zoo is designed very well for kids of all ages. Not too much time is spent walking, walking, walking to the next exhibit.