“Salad Bar is Wonderful !”

Cork 'n Cleaver Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 662 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My hubby and I went to have a nice quiet dinner but felt it was way too loud with everyone talking. Our table was right next to someone elses and we just felt cramped. The steak was seasoned and not a very good cut but had a great taste. The salad bar was a great attraction and we took advantage of it. Very wonderful assortment. We will be back !

There are newer reviews for Cork 'n Cleaver Restaurant

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The place appears that it will be dated and overrated but it wasn't. The steaks were cooked to perfection and the quality of the meat was very good and not hidden in spices. The salad bar was very good and even had cavier.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Everything was fabulous. From the table setting, to the wonderful Beef Wellington appetizer, to the salad bar, to the Hawaiian Chicken I had. My husbands' steak was in his words heaven. Our waitress was on point and other waiters also took empty plates and poured water. Everyone helped everyone which is such a switch these days. You really can't go wrong here. My daughter had the salmon and rice> She commented it was the best salmon she had ever had the pleasure to eat. It's worth the trip, the wait and the money.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Don't be fooled by the odd neon sign out front...this is a top notch restaurant. We got into town on a Friday evening and were staying at the Hyatt across the street. Hubby thought it was something like a Ponderosa from the signage, but I checked it out on Tripadvisor and am glad I did! We had to sit at the bar since we didn't have a reservation, but that was perfectly fine as our bartender and all the staff there were engaging. Our bartender (I wish I could remember her name) gave us excellent suggestions on both food and wine selections, as well as making great cocktails.

We started by sharing the wasabi tuna appetizer which was absolutely delicious, then both had the salad bar...one of the better I've been to in years. We shared our entrees: a daily special of grilled mahi mahi with a mediteranean topping of tomatoes, cukes, capers and olives which was quite good, and the coffee crusted filet which was utterly fantastic!! Truly, it was one of the best steaks I've had in a restaurant in a long, long time. The ice cream pie dessert was really delicious, as well, but so huge we couldn't quite finish it even sharing.

This is not a "bargain" restaurant, but I feel that we received a truly great meal for a reasonable price. If we lived in Ft. Wayne, I'm sure that we'd be regulars here.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is one of our favorite places for lunch or dinner in Fort Wayne. The salad bar is the best in town and I am not a fan of salad bars. They are skilled at preparing both meat and seafood. We have never had a bad meal there. It is a bit expensive, but worth it for special occasion dinners. Is this one of the best meals ever? No, but we have eaten all over the US and Europe. For Indiana, it is consistently excellent, although not necessarily innovative.

1  Thank pajamaval