“Not what it used to be”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bandido's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #521 of 692 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I had been eating at Bandido's since around 2000. I can safely say that I haven't been back in years because of the quality and pricing. I used to eat there frequently because the food was delicious and the price you paid wasn't too bad. Over the course of the last 7-10 years the quality has diminished and the prices climbed. I would be okay if they raised the prices and kept the same quality food, however, that was not the case. They went with cheaper ingredients and charge on average $2 more per dinner. The only thing still good about them is their salsa. I would only recommend getting that to go and not even dining in.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The only Bandido's restaurant worth taking a chance on is the Georgetown location. My entire family has frequented Bandido's since they first opened 20+ years ago. Sometimes, we'd even go more than once a week. Typical Americanized Mexican food, but it was good. WAS. Within the last 5 years, this restaurant has really gone to hell in a handbasket. The food is not near what it once was, it's very sad. The VP of the company begged us to give them another chance, even called me personally, promising to send a meal voucher after our horrible experience. Chicken fajita meat that was pink in the center, cold stuffed peppers, stale tortilla chips, dirty tables, and a waitstaff who clearly didn't care whether they received a tip or not. Still haven't heard from them. At least the margaritas are good. Maybe if you get drunk enough on them, their food will taste good too! Went to Northcrest's location this past weekend and our waitress was more worried about texting on her phone than refilling my empty water glass. My favorite part was when she took our plates before we were finished eating, and without asking. They should work on bettering the existing restaurants, rather than building new ones. Wonder why Portland, IN's Bandido's went out of business?

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The food is just okay, it is not very good Mexican food, but it is in Fort Wayne. I have not eaten there for several years but don't think it has improved much from the past meals.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

There are a number of Mexican food places in Ft. Wayne. Bandido's is a more American-ized than many of the others. They are known for their Margarita's and offer several varieties of same. Homemade chips and salsa are good. They could be better by increasing cleanliness, drab interior (Georgetown location), and a bit more authentic Mexican food. They have a following and support local students and charities.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Bandido's just isn't what it used to be. Still love their chips and Cheese tho. Depending on what time of day you go, sometimes the service and servers themselves are much to be desired.