“Sushi: It's what's for dinner tonight...”

Asakusa Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 673 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a nice late dinner at Asakusa. I had two kinds of sushi: one veggie and the other included fried salmon. Both meals offered ample portions and were made with care and quality ingredients. The sushi menu offers a wide range of choices. Additionally, there are three to four kinds of Japanese beer to choose from. My wife had the teriyaki salmon. The preparation of the dish seemed rushed and the ingredients were of average to low quality. The atmosphere was good for conversations but others are seated fairly close. Our service was prompt and attentive. However, our table could've been cleaned with more attention to detail. Nonetheless, I'll return for the sushi.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

If you are looking for some decent sushi, quiet atmosphere and quick service, then you will not be disappointed here... I will be visiting next time I am back...

1  Thank SysCntrSpartan
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Though this place looks like it's just another place in a small strip mall, it's not. For sushi in Indiana, I would rank this toward the top. They have a wide selection of sushi and other entrees, all of which are delicious. The price is great especially for the amount that you get. This place also has a nice romantic feel to it. each booth makes you feel seculded and away from everything, which is great when you are on a date.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have eaten sushi several places in many towns. Asakusa tops the list. They have huge rolls for a fair price. To be honest, I'd go there even if they weren't fair prices just because its so good! I have yet to have a roll from here that wasn't amazing. The Bonsai roll is probably my favorite. This is a great place also, if you are nervous about trying sushi. You can start out with a roll like the Oni maki. It has crab, but no raw fish. And the sauce couldn't be more delectable. Its a rather small restaurant. So chances are, you'll have a wait. But its so worth it!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have been to Asakusa many times over the years (2-3 times a week both for dinner and lunch), just found out the house clear soup contains lots of MSG, got really thirsty after the soup ( find the brand they use and I try to buy some at the Korean store at coldwater crossing... and I read the box about the MSG contents..wow) The sushi is tasty and pricey , rolls are a bit more affordable, Over the years I over heard a few customers ( complaining to the manager ) that they found cockroaches , and other one saw them crawling around the long sushi bar table, manager gave them discounts. It's hard to believe because the place looks pretty clean... I was thinking perhaps people were trying to get a free meal...
then one day I got a BABY COCKROACH in my ice water!! YUCK! I'm lucky I didn't get sick, but the sight of it was just sick! I guess restaurants (especially restaurants that have been around for years) do get cockroaches unless they try real real hard to keep clean. It's not an open kitchen so I don't how how's the inside.... Well may be that's why they set their lights quite dim so you can't see things running around... Cockroaches only come out at night so if you see some during their business hours then it's pretty bad.... The chiefs are not really Japanese, they hired lots of Hispanics to make sushi... I hope they wash their hands after they use the bathroom because I think they are supposed to wear gloves while making sushi but they make it with bare hands and they talk to each other (or to the customers) while making it..... I don't go there anymore .....

1  Thank SmileyMiller