“Asian Food Sophistication” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Westlake, Ohio
“Asian Food Sophistication”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Ichiban is a must for anyone with a taste for Asian fare. The physical space is uptown and inviting, the service is very attentive and the food will match many of the best Asian restaurants in the country.

Our party of three enjoyed the lunch specials that were reasonably priced at $7.50 each, including soup (the Clear soup is the best of its kind that I have tasted). My wife and son enjoyed noodle dishes that required doggie boxes. My peanut curry dish was sensational. The sushi was fresh, flavorful and artfully presented.

We were looking for a restaurant close to Interstate 69 as we were traveling to Indianapolis. A search on TripAdvisor sent us to Ichiban, a gem that I look forward to enjoying again.

Cheers.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Marc B

Warsaw, Indiana
“Excellent Asian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Me and my husband were looking for a good Saturday night dinner and preferably Asian cuisine. We went to Ichiban today and we loved it. The dishes we tried were really well cooked and tasted authentic. I like a bit of spice in my dish and ordered accordingly. I was properly explained about the amount of spice by the manager Ms. Sue. It was a Thai dish which originally are quite hot & spicy due to the tropical climate there. But the dish I had was a superb blend of spice and flavor adjusted quite aptly to American taste while retaining the authenticity. My husband ordered Teriyaki which is a pure Japanese dish and the that too was delicious. We belong from Asia and I think this is the best Asian food we had in a long time after coming to US. The variety in the menu is worth notable.
The ambience was nice and romantic. Although we went there mainly to have specialty cuisine, the set up was quite romantic for us with the candles and low lighting. And finally the staffs were very friendly. The manager Ms. Sue herself along with Ms. Anna asked repeatedly about our needs. I liked my dish so much that I personally thanked the Malaysian cook Mr. Alung.
We did not try but the restaurant has a quite expansive Susi bar as well. I will recommend this restaurant to all my friends especially Asians.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Somreeta
“Reminds me of home- Malaysia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I am a Malaysian and my husband has been going back and forth from USA to Malaysia for almost a year in 2010-2011. We come here almost every weekend for some Malaysian food because both of us love Malaysian food so much and it's close to authentic. :)

• Visited January 2014
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Surprised by taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

In real state, location is everything; in the food world, it's about finding greatness in odd places. When a restaurant is beside a strip joint and a tire place, greatness isn't expected. I almost didn't go into Ichiban, even after reading the reviews. Could they have paid someone to say great things? But we had driven there, so we went in and I was surprised by the calm and elegant atmosphere. Our waitress, Anna, was great! She suggested that I try the seafood eggplant, my husband had the tamarind beef. Awesome taste, great presentation. But this place is for people who love flavor for their palette. I highly recommend and will go back to try more things in their menu. My husband also enjoyed his malaysian beer. Go! Try it!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have been here several times now and I have had several dishes. Every one has been great. My fav is the Crispy Tamarind Beef. The Sushi has also been great every time. Give this place a try, you won't regret it.

• Visited October 2013