“Great event center”

Allen County War Memorial Coliseum
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Attended recently for a concert and a Komets game. Staff is very friendly. Food options are plentiful - a recent remodel added several types of food and several concession stands and eating areas. Restrooms nearly everywhere. Easy to find seats.

I recommend paying the $8 for better parking. Takes significantly less time to get out!

1  Thank Matt R

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Visited Ft Wayne for the Vera Bradley Outlet sale. A little disappointed in the sale, but the staff at the Coliseum was friendly and helpful. They kept the crowds moving and always had a smile on their faces.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

This was my first visit to the sale and to Fort Wayne. Looked forward to it for months. Made my list of items that I wanted (first mistake). I thought that it was a sale of retired items. I should have researched what retired means. Recently retired or older retired. I thought I could get Night Owl, Brown Houndstooth, Hope, you get the picture. It took a lot of effort to be there, long drive, long lines. I did not get anything on my list. I think the second mistake was standing on the lines in the first place. Is it better to come after the masses have been let in and then just walk in without waiting? Also, what is the best session? 7:30 in the morning is early when you get in line at 6:00 or before. I did have a camp stool to sit on, 6 lbs ,
did help a lot. Sometimes, only one of a certain color or style.
I did go over to the store at Jefferson Pointe and it was really crowded with all the ladies that did not find what they wanted at the sale. Go figure.
I will say that staying at the Holiday Inn across the street was enjoyable and they had a lot of perks for us. The shuttle was great and we called them when we wanted to be picked up.
Now, don't get me wrong, I think that VB went to a lot of effort for this and offering a way for the masses to purchase items that they may not otherwise be able to afford or find.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Visited Ft Wayne to go to Ft Wayne Mad Ants game. Everyone was very friendly. Great venue, very clean and bright. Great game. Players came out after game and signed autographs if you stuck around for a bit after the game ended. Both teams came out and chatted with us. Great time!!!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Awesome place too see new things when they come to town, but parking and admission is getting outrageous.