“Fun for all ages”

Science Central
Ranked #6 of 59 things to do in Fort Wayne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Science Central offers hands-on science education and fun for visitors of all ages. Zoom down a 2-story slide, see a mastodon found here in Allen County, talk a walk on the moon, take part in a live science demonstration and much more!
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We had a nice experience at Science Central. Our two 7-year-olds and 6-year-old were kept "busy" for about 3 hours. The scheduled demonstrations were cool. Most of the exhibits were in good working condition; a few need some TLC.
The facility is housed in a former electrical plant, which was cool, especially since some of the old equipment is still on display.
The most disappointing aspect of SC was the lack of staff for the "rides" such as the big slide and the high-wire bicycle. If you're visit was not planned in conjunction with when those were staffed, you were unable to experience them. (Difficult to explain to kids too.)
We'd stop back when we were in the area.

1  Thank kOps210

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I took my 3 and 5 year old to this center and they loved it. The different floors were tons of fun for me and them together it was a bit small but still good. The only thing is did not like was the P.A. System. It was very lould and you could not hear what they were saying and swirled every time. Very irritating. But other than that it was loads of fun!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is a very fun and educational place to visit. My kids are 5 and 7 and found lots to do, but so did my 19 month old niece who was with us (although she stayed in the water play area for most of her visit!) The tunnel on the bottom floor can be a bit scary for younger kids since it is PITCH black in parts of it, and so can the 3 story slide since it is fast and steep. My 7 year old tried the slide once and didn't want to go again. Overall was a good place to visit.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We just returned from our weekend trip to Fort Wayne, Indiana. We took a visit to Science Central on Saturday. Our kids had a blast. My Sister and I took our boys (1 and 2 years of age). If you are planning a getaway to Fort Wayne, IN, Science Central is a must do. I have been to Fort Wayne several times and this is the first time we were able to go to Science Central. They have so many cool things to do! We hung out in the Kids Central area. I would rate this trip an A+ and will be visiting more often. If we lived closer I would be booking this place for my Son's Birthday party. This is a great place to have a birthday.

1  Thank zeus5301
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My kids always enjoy this place and I feel good that their learning while playing....just alot of fun for everyone.