“Very disappointed with this Hotel” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne
Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Carmel, Indiana
“Very disappointed with this Hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2009

I was greeted at this hotel with a very unhappy female, checked in, a room full of smoke, a clogged bathtub and sink slow draining. The door would not close unless you pushed hard, the ac was not working correctly, the bed had an odor that is not clean and fresh as if they had not changed pillows or comforter for a while. I called front desk to only have her tell me she would let me know if another room came available...at 6pm in the evening.
I was nearly sick from smelling the smoke the next morning. I wrote the corporate and they said the manager would call me, and that has not happenednearly a month later.. She wrote a letter and made no sense so I was certain she did not take time to listen or care. I spent $131 for that room and had my card charged when I said I would pay cash. The girl was very unhappy with me. I stay in over 100 nights a year in hotels but I won't be staying at the FtW Holiday Inn Express anymore. I would recommend the residence Inn down the street. No one should ever have to sleep like that!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank travelforbiz50

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Elkhart, In
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2009

I stayed here in March for 1 week while my hausband had surgery. The front desk staff were great, and questions I had were answered, had to switch romms once no problem, breakfast was more than expected, and the rest of the staff were friendly and kind.
I have to take my husnand back to Ft.Wayne the end of this week and I am getting ready to book my room for the overnight stay. This will be my third stay here and I plan on staying here as long as I have to take my husband to Ft.Wane to see his Dr.
I even had my grandchildren with me for 2 days and they loved the Pool.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank grannieof009
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2009

We were a party of 4 and ended up with a king bed with fold out couch. One boy on the couch cushions on the floor in his sleeping bag since they are both adult size guys now - which worked but was a bit crowded and not ideal. This bed and pillows were the most comfortable of any we've stayed in on our whole 20 day trip. The pool was nice, the whole place very clean and more elegant than we are used to. Breakfast was good, real half and half for our coffee and the elderly lady who served the breakfast was so kind and helpful. I gave it a bit less on value because it was over 100 dollars for one night which is a lot to spend, for us. No fridge or microwave so we had to go downstairs to pop our popcorn, which was a minor inconvenience.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank mrsdoodlepunk
Westville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2008

Stayed in town because son had out patient surgery. Rooms were very clean, beds very comfortable and hotel is nicely decorated. We stayed for 4 nights. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Room was cleaned upon request while we were at the doctors. Chose this hotel because it had breakfast. The breakfast exceeded our expectations. Great variety, fresh and nicely presented. The hostess gave us a tray to take it back to our room. The best treat was fresh baked cookies in the afternoon with coffee!
Only negative experience was the shower liner was taken off one day to be washed and the staff person forgot to put a replacement back on. It was replaced the next day without request.
Would definality stay here again!

• Liked — Clean, nice looking and the fresh baked cookies.
  • Disliked — There is nothing that I least liked.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
South Bend, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2008

Stayed here during a basketball tournament for my neice. My sister and family stayed next door at Staybridge Suites but they were full so I booked Holiday Express next door. Some note but the doors into the lobby do not open automatically therefore getting luggage in using cart requires more effort.

Biggest problem was the air conditioner never adequately cooled the room! I did not sleep that night. Notified staff with no positive outcome.

Breakfast offered outdated yogurt and no skim milk. Had to microwave hot food as it was not hot. Wish were were able to book Staybridge next door as my sister enjoyed there hotel room!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Unable to get room air conditioner to function adequately
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank NDfan006
Lafayette, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2008

I stayed here all weekdays of April and May. The staff went out of their way to meet all my requests. As with all Holiday Inn Express hotels that I have stayed at, there was free wireless internet and hot breakfast. The rooms are comfortably large. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — The friendly service and location near lots of places to eat and things to do.
  • Disliked — The small TV
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Warsaw, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2008

i hear so much on here on how motels like this are so much better i found the same clenliness and service level in this hotel has others that have bad reviews yes the firnishings may be a little better but does it really justfy the price or is it more of a status issue

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family