“Great hotel, friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne
Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Avon, Indiana
“Great hotel, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stay at this hotel 2 to 3 days a week. When I check in, Amanda greets me by name making me feel at home. Nancy keeps breakfast warm and the breakfast room very clean. I appreciate the professional, friendly service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HIE1888, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
RSC-Indianapolis,

First of all, thank you for your continued loyalty. I am very glad to here that you always enjoy your stay with us. Nancy and Amanda will be excited to know that they have been recognized for their efforts. Please come back and visit us soon, we look forward to it!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed here for a over night stay for work a few times.. Always friendly staff, easy check in, clean room. Mostly fast food restaurant in area, a Applebe's, and Cracker Barrell across the the main road. Easy access to I69. Never disappointed with Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Ran1958,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very pleased to know that you enjoy your stay with us and visit us frequently. We look forward to your return.
Marshall, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

When I arrived Andrea, was a great help, I think that was her name. The hospitality was great. I recommend this hotel, to my family and friends. Just wish all holiday inn expresses were like this 1. The breakfast was amazing, biscuits and gravy, my favorite. And Matt the AM, clerk was very helpful on getting me directions to my destination.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank U2fan4ever
HIE1888, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review about our hotel. We are very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We truly appreciate your kind words, hope to see you back here soon!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Excellent experience during my entire stay, always a smile and friendly staff as I came and went at any time day or night. I would say in particular Amanda at the front desk was a real pleasure and very professional, simply excellent... My next trip to Fort Wayne will definitely be at this place... a true pleasure...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Wayne. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to your return to Fort Wayne.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

The staff is exceedingly friendly and helpful. They are doing some updates to the lobby so the business center is torn up. However, the staff let me use their computer to print boarding passes. The rooms need to be updated but very clean. My only complaint about the room was the chair was as hard as a rock. No one could bear to "relax" in that chair at all. The king bed was comfy and as usual, their signature shower heads are powerful. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall are the best.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
HIE1888, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dave H,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to write about our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, please come back and visit us soon.

Hotel Management
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

Decent location. Plenty of restaurants and a Super Kroger right across the street. I had a very comfortable bed with extra pillows. I upgraded to a suite( only 10 bucks more). It was a larger room than the others and included a fridge and microwave. Great perk if you have kids. Pool was small and hot tub was not very hot. Had a great lobby for a decent size group. This worked out well for our group because we picked up pizza and brought it to the hotel.

Breakfast was ok, but they had fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, and cereal. The warm food was a 5 out of 10 at best. I wasnt complaining since it was included in the cost of the room.

I would return again.

Room Tip: Get the suite if you have kids.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HIE1888, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Tlccorkmaster,

Thank you for taking the time to reveiw our hotel. We value all feedback, as it helps us continually improve our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed with us. Next time your in Fort Wayne, we would love to see you back here at the Holiday Inn Express!

-Hotel Management
Independence, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Holiday Inn Express in Fort Wayne Indiana just off the interstate in southwest corner of the city & just off Jefferson Blvd across from Carlos O’Kelly’s is a standard HIE.

The smiling and friendly hostess at check-in on Saturday September 14th was helpful. No chocolate cookies, but she told us they’d be available soon at this HIE.

Again, the spa water was tepid! Again, why bother to have and attend to a spa if you do not keep the water temperature at 102 to 104 degrees. (Reference the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island with 104 degree small and larger spas!)

We never find an HIE with spa water temperature even approaching bath water temperature! AGAIN, WHY BOTHER?

Breakfast treat: Greek yogurt and peach yogurt. The attendant was friendly and helpful.

The only complaint was the older HVAC unit that loudly rattled when in the cooling cycle-on.

Room Tip: our room faced north and the police station and that is good location
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business