Americas Best Value Inn
$76
$102
$104
$110
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I write this candid review completely from the experience I went through on two occasions with this place. Not sure if it's a national thing to have rooms with amenities that are set up in an odd way or what but this is the second America's Best Value I have stayed at and this is by far the worst one ever. AS far as price goes, the coupon found on roomsaver is definitely a big plus and they will honor the price in the couponbook regardless if there is an event going on or not but the regular price is definitely not worth it.I would recommend the Days Inn up the road for the standard price. I stayed here for a week and the first two or three days was okay but my room was not clean like you normally feel when you first walk into a hotel room of any kind. The cleaning service doesnt do a good job at all as they left unclean towels with fecal stains on it and used plastic grocery bags for the trash baskets. After a few days, I came down with bed bugs yet again and it was worse at this place. This is clearly a health hazard involving bed bugs and unsanitary conditions. The first few days was fine but the last part of the week stay, I couldnt sleep at all and wound up staying awake a lot of the time. After complaining to the front desk who did not do anything about it, I wound up checking out earlier and going elsewhere.If you are going to stay here, stay here for a day as the worst case scenario.It is conveniently located off the interstate and next to a McDonalds with another hotel on the other side of the McDonalds parking lot this hotel overlooks and down the road is a 24 hour IHOP and Culver's next door.The first time I stayed here everything was fine and had a good night's sleep and everything was fine but that's about it.In the future if I ever have to stay here again, I would only make it a week and wouldn't mind paying extra money to get that piece of mind to have a good night's sleep and have things that work. The lighting is horrible and the bathroom is not kept up with missing lights and the interior lighting of the room is just horrible.They need to change the carpet around in some of these rooms since you can see dirt, ashes, and mold all over the place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
ABVIFW, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction. There is never an excuse to providing guests with anything less than a perfect experience. After reviewing your review, we have taken the time to let the housekeepers know of your dissatisfaction of your stay. The housekeepers have been retrained to spot inconsistencies in the rooms so this will not happen again in the future. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and have taken the corrective actions to ensure that this incident will not occur again. I wish you had let the front desk know of the room’s condition because we would have changed the room for you right away. Again, I am sorry that your stay was not all that well. I want to let you know that we have made some changes with the housekeeping.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Got the Jacuzzi room for our anniversary. Needed somewhere inexpensive but wanted to get away for a night. Other than the Jacuzzi itself, the room was very ordinary. Old tv which was fuzzy each time you changed the channel for a couple of minutes and then was fine. Room was clean but everything was quite old and desperately needed updating. Disappointed that they advertise free breakfast. Be warned this is only coffee and prepackaged honey buns, not really a breakfast. Management was friendly. Overall, ok but probably would not do again if had $$ to stay elsewhere simply because I expect more even for only $100. Clean and convenient, but far from luxurious by any stretch.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. It is only through our guests where we can learn what we are doing right and where we are in need of improvement. I apologize for the inconvenience of the television being fuzzy. Our hotel offers a grab and go breakfast which does consist of coffee, orange juice and honey buns, I apologize that it didn’t reach your expectation.
Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Typical abvi. i dont expect a lot from them and they dont expect a lot from me.

I've stayed at this motel many times and it is good for the money. the jacuzzi rooms are nice and only about a bill. the beds and linens arent the best but it is pretty quiet and safe.
there are restaurants next door and its right off the interstate.
they do charge $5 for a pet fee.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ben R
ABVIFW, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. It is only through our guests where we can learn what we are doing right and where we are in need of improvement. We are very pleased to hear that you have been very loyal to us. If you would like for me to make your reservation for your next stay please do not hesitate to contact me or our hotel directly at 260-489-3588 .

Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I wanted somewhere cheap as a stop over. The reviews said I was in for a rough ride but it seems bad comments help make things better as all was fine with my room (101) with an IOP and McDonald's next door this were easy.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stay away from this nasty place. The management does not keep this place clean. You're liable to get some sort of disease if you stay here.

Room Tip: Stay away from all rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo