“Nice enough place but book before you leave home”

Baymont Inn & Suites Fort Wayne
Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Nashville, TN
“Nice enough place but book before you leave home”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We were in the first day of a long trip and planned to just drive till we got tired and look for a room. Lots of thunderstorms and tornadoes around the Midwest that day, most stressful to drive in so we pulled over at a rest area on I-69 above Fort Wayne and Pricelined a little - had good experiences at other Baymonts previously and thought we'd try this one.

Learned right away that you cannot book a room here online through an iPhone, I couldn't anyway - after a few screens asking me to set up an account, pick a username, pick a password and so forth I said the hell with it and Googled the hotel trying to call the place directly. All I could find was the toll-free number - which led me to someone who barely spoke English, asked me to spell Fort Wayne and didn't really want to give us the Priceline price but finally did. That task completed, I tried again to call the hotel to find out where it was. No good there, had to Google the address and try to figure out the location from the little map on my phone.

Turned out the hotel's right next to the interstate so we found it without too much trouble, although the street to it runs through a business park and could be confusing for newcomers at night. Place looked abandoned when we got there, maybe three or four cars out front and nearly all the room lights off - checkin went well, room was clean and quiet, shower was more of a dribble, breakfast was the usual frozen biscuits and canned gravy, overall it was OK for a side of the highway chain hotel but nothing impressed us.

Room Tip: Book before you leave home, find it on Mapquest or the equivalent, try to get a local phone number...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights - I found the rooms to be filthy - especially the carpet. The walls needed paint and the pool was in terrible shape - I will never stay here again, nor will I recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Comfort Inn Fort Wayne
#25 of 44 in Fort Wayne
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne
Ramada Plaza Fort Wayne Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Fort Wayne? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Baymont Inn & Suites Fort Wayne

Property: Baymont Inn & Suites Fort Wayne
Address: 2881 E Dupont Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46825-1668 (Formerly Sleep Inn , Inn & Suites)
Location: United States > Indiana > Fort Wayne
Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Hotel Class:2 star — Baymont Inn & Suites Fort Wayne 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Fort Wayne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sleep Inn Fort Wayne