“Very Clean”

Hilton Garden Inn Fort Wayne
Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed August 25, 2007

We stayed there on a Friday evening. The hotel staff was very friendly. Our room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The room has flat screen TV and was larger than a normal hotel room. I would highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed November 27, 2006

This a great hotel in a good locaton surrounded by restaurants and right off of i-69. It's about 10 minutes from the airport. The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly. The room had a mini refrigerator in it. I wasn't too thrilled with my view of the roof, hotel only has 3 floors. I would stay here again though. About 2 miles up you have lots of retail and places to shop to your hearts delight.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank klomb4
Reviewed June 18, 2006

My husband booked a two night stay via Expedia at Hilton garden Inn for the weekend of June 16th-18th for a soccer tournament. We confirmed with credit card and were issued confirmation number. Upon arrtiving in Ft. Wayne we were told that they did not have a room available for both nights; only Friday, and only a King not the double we were confirmed for. They ended up getting us a room at the comfort suites and considered it resolved. I trusted the Hilton Brand to provode a higher level of service. The comfort Inn while available was by no means on the same par as far as room decor , ammentiies, etc. I woke up to see a bug crawing across my comforter on our first night there. We have been burned by the Hilton brand before. They consistently overbooked during busy times and bumped whoever gets there last. Almost the identical sitiuation happened to us at the Homeward Suites in Dallas. We even booked that room through the hotel, not expedia. Buyer beware, we have definitely learned our lesson and will stick with a more realible chain like Marriott or Sheraton.

6  Thank jknox
Reviewed May 18, 2006

After arriving late in the evening for my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Fort Wayne Indiana I was told by the front desk staff that although I had a confirmed reservation for that night they did not have a room available for me because they had allowed some other guests to extend their stay. Obviously having a confirmed reservation being held by a credit card deposit is not enough for the Hilton to guarantee that there will be a room available for you when you arrive. General Manager of the hotel did not return calls when I called to file a complaint.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank chittty
A TripAdvisor Member
Louisville, KY
Reviewed May 16, 2006

Our family was greeted with a warm smile and a big "Welcome Home" from the front desk staff (Tina). She made sure that we knew where to find everything and offered some recommendations/directions for family activities and restaurants! The hotel is very clean and has a warm, cozy atmosphere. The food display in the breakfast dining room looked a little sparse and the service staff wasn't very attentive, but everything else during our stay was perfect! We will definitely return to this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2006
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Spencer S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2016

Reviewed November 4, 2005

We stayed here as a Hilton Honors guest. As a result, we were treated to an upgraded room without asking. The hotel looks very new and clean. The property has good access off I-69, and we had a pretty nice breakfast for a very reasonable price.

I would definitely stay here again; we received a nice, clean, quiet room at a fair price. What more can one ask?

• Stayed: August 2005
7  Thank fdwt994

Reviewed April 27, 2005

Stayed here last summer and again this week, and I can report that the standards are still high and the place is consistently good for the business travel. Call ahead for the airport shuttle and it will be waiting for you at the baggage claim when your flight arrives---that alone made this place tops in my book. Staff everywhere was unfailingly friendly and helpful. Got a smaller room than last time, but it looked brand new and was very clean and comfortable. Furnishings were a nice style and had very little wear. Wired Internet access extremely fast (100 Mbps). Bed was a bit soft but maybe it was because of the pillowtop, looked like it was really new too. Pool and exercise room I didn't use, but would have. The steakhouse next door (Tumbleweed) serves a nice steak. Breakfast buffet looked a little tired, but I came down late (probably is better earlier). I would stay here again and hope to return.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business