“Nice Family Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice Family Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Nice place to stay with family. Nice indoor pool and fitness center. The breakfast buffet is a nice add on. Good clean room along with great friendly staff and plenty of free parking is definitely helpful

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank donv420
Kelly S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Wayne, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Donv420,

I want to start off my saying thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. It is always great to hear about the ways we were able to succeed in creating a memorable experience. Our staff aims to not only meet expectations, but to exceed them in any way possible. If you can think of any way we could have done that for you, I would love to hear your ideas!

I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, that you choose to stay with us again!

Kelly Sanserino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Markle, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Less than one block to the hospital.. Food and services are excellent. Lunch also available if needed.If you need to stay over to support your spouse during her stay they are flexible as to accomodations. They found a room close to the elevator since she has problems walking as well as standing still.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear James S.,

I know you have choices when you travel and I'd like to thank you for selecting the Hilton Garden Inn Fort Wayne, IN as your most recent destination choice. Our staff strives to provide the most comfortable, productive and problem free stay as we possibly can. It was such a pleasure to have you and your wife stay with us recently! I thank you so much for taking the time to inform others about the type of service we know we can provide.

I truly hope that the next time you may need to stay on our side of town, that you choose to stay with us again. Should you need any assistance making future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Thank you, again.

Port Huron, MI, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Decent accommodations, check in was difficult/confusing/incorrect, pool/spa not clean, under renovations and not easy to navigate from lobby to elevator, elevator slow especially when used by construction workers & their supplies

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Kristina K.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your past stay with us. The time you took to inform others about your stay means more to us than you will ever know. I am so incredibly sorry that your check in process was more difficult than it should have ever been. I can assure you that the next time you are visiting our property for a tournament that it will go very smoothly. I am so happy to say that all the lobby renovations have been completed! I am looking forward to your return so we are able to show you what great service and atmosphere we can provide you.

Thank you so much again for your review,

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

It would be my favorite Fort Wayne hotel if they would just upgrade the internet. Now it is my last resort. The staff is great and the hotel is clean and comfortable but if you're traveling on business the internet is useless. It is so slow I have to set my iPad up as a Personal HotSpot.

For almost a year, the staff has been saying they are working on upgrading. It would be as simple as calling your provide to increase the speed and then installing new wireless access points.

It eludes me why this hasn't been done.

Room Tip: I'd suggest stay next door at the Homewood Suites but they seem to keep raising their prices.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank rjgrp
Dear rjgrp,

I am so incredibly sorry that our internet connection was below your expectations during your most recent stay with us. I can assure you that we have been in the planning process to have this upgraded for the last year. Unfortunately the process is a little more complicated than we expected. I am very hopeful that this will no longer be an issue within the next month.

Please do not hesitate to let me know should you have any additional comments or concerns regarding your stays.

If your travels bring you back to the area, please do not hesitate to call or email me personally to make your reservations for you.

Thank you so much again for your insight into this matter,

Kelly.Sanserino@Hilton.com
Alta Loma, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Throughout my entire stay all of the staff was very friendly and exceptionally helpful. However, I would like to highlight the truly caring and wonderful staff at this HGI. During my stay I was ill and I called the desk around 3AM to ask what medications they had in the pantry. After listing what they had, the desk staff offered to bring my choice up to the room. After accepting their offer, the gentleman arrived with the Pepto Bismal I had requested and two bottles of water, offered to get extra towels or anything else I needed, and refused my tip. I was very touched by the care I received! I wish I had written his name down, but I was feeling horrible and was distracted. I would recommend this hotel if you ever need to stay in the Fort Wayne, IN area!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Davis F.,

I know you have choices when you travel and I'd like to thank you for selecting the Hilton Garden Inn Fort Wayne, IN as your most recent destination choice. Our staff strives to provide the most comfortable, productive and problem free stay as we possibly can. I am so sorry to hear that you were not feeling well during your stay! I am very glad, however, that Brandon was able to assist you with anything you needed that evening.

It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us and I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you choose to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Fort Wayne, IN!

Thank you, again.

Findlay, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Very good hotel. Staff is excellent. We rented a Jacuzzi room which was nice. (Ok, the but.) Walls are thin (I could hear the other room, slamming doors, and those above me) and the drywall on the ceiling is starting to separate. (cracks I the ceiling). If you can overlook those issues, it is a very good hotel to stay at. Beds are soft and the furniture is well taken care of.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear drwn,

Thank you so much for taking the time to inform us about your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. We take all comments very seriously and I am so sorry to hear that the noise level of your room was excessive. I have spoken to our General Contractor about creating a plan to decrease the amount of noise the travels through the hotel.

Thank you so much again for taking the time to allow us the opportunity to improve your stays for the next time your travels bring you our way.

Huntsville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I've stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn often for travel. A couple of times I've made comments in my reviews and they have actually made changes based on those comments. The staff is always very helpful and eager to make your stay the best possible. I am from the Ft. Wayne area, so it is sort of a personal thing to me that they represent the area well - and they do! I personally prefer their breakfasts to the Homewood Suites. This is an excellent location as well.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Theresa S.,

I want to thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn! Our staff aims to not only meet your expectations but to go above and beyond in any way possible. I am happy to see that we were able to improve in areas that you mentioned in the past. It is so helpful and appreciated when guests are able to explain the ways in which we can improve.

Thank you so much for your time and kind words!