“OK place”

Hilton Garden Inn Fort Wayne
Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed August 14, 2011

First stay at a Hilton Garden Inn. Nice place - no problems. Will probably not stay there again for collection of minor reasons. There is a $10 charge for breakfast that is free at similar hotels. Good breakfast but still not priced right ( not free). Adjacent to interstate on/off ramps with traffic lights, make this a bad intersection. Poor planning on road, so they turned the hotel frontage road one-way so you have to make a series of left turns around a shopping center to get there. Noisy A/C that had a difficult time cooling the room with the 90"s. Took 3 hours to get the room cooled down. Nice restaurant across the parking lot. Nice place but for the price I can do better

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Aegir

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I am a Hilton Diamond VIP and I try to stay at HGI's whenever possible. I have been coming to this HGI at least once a month for several years and feel welcomed and comfortable each time I stay. Suzanne who runs the breakfast service is as lovely as any place I stay. I bring my wife with me a couple times a year and Suzanne remembers her and even asked about her the last time I was there. Not to be outdone... the ladies at the check in desk are as authentically friendly as it gets.

The rooms are always clean, the property is well maintained. My only request is to update the televisions... but I think this has begun. (and I rarely watch TV in a hotel)

Room Tip: Call a week in advance... they book up.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2011

One thing you need to know before traveling to this hotel is that it is located on a one-way road and the directional signage is not clear, so be sure to get turn-by-turn directions in advance. Once we arrived, we entered into a nicely decorated lobby with a fireplace and were welcomed by two very sweet and friendly staff members. They offered information about the hotel's services, as well as some general area information. We asked about area dining options, and they recommended Chop's Steakhouse; where we had an incredible experience! Our room was spotless and very cozy! There was a microwave oven, fridge, coffee maker and complimentary Internet access. The beds were very comfortable which made for a good night's rest. Their breakfast buffet that was huge, plus, there was a Chef who made the best egg white omelets and French toast. The regular breakfast price is $9.99, which isn't bad for what they offer, however, we booked their Bed & Breakfast package online, which saved us several bucks for our large family. The overall value and friendly service here can't be beat! We will definitley stay here again! J. Tucker

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank tcats1107
Lindsay_Morgan, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2011

Thank you for your patronage! We do appreciate your feedback regarding your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Fort Wayne! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Fort Wayne!

Reviewed October 12, 2010

The room was clean, in a good location downtown and while more expensive than nearby hotels, was not terribly out of range.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I have been a fan of the Hilton Garden Inn for 3 years. I have traveled to Fort Wayne many times and there are several hotels to choose from. However, I choose the Hilton Garden Inn for 3 reasons:

- Location
- Tremendous Staff
- Terriffic facilities

The location is right near a major highway (I-69). It is also located near MANY resturants and shopping centers as well. If you need directions to anywhere, the staff if more than willing to assist.

The staff has always greated me with the feeling that they are very humbled I choose to come back to their hotel. Being away from home is not fun but Hilton Honors make you feel welcomed.

The rooms, lobby and resturants are very clean and look brand new. You can tell they take great pride in their facility and I always feel like it well maintained.

Thank you Hilton Garden Inn for all your hard work! I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone!

Bill from Cincinnati, OH

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank wwscharffe
Reviewed July 13, 2009

We traveled to Huntington, Indiana for a wedding and chose to stay at this hotel in Fort Wayne, Indiana (it was a 20 minute easy drive to Huntington from Fort Wayne). It was in a nice location with plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby!
Plus, this would be a great hotel to stay in if you are going to be flying out of the Fort Wayne Airport too (I found out they have a free shuttle service to/from the airport).
The front desk staff was very welcoming and they even called us in our room 15 minutes after we checked in to make sure everything looked good and that we were pleased! We had an executive parlor style room which was very roomy...the bathroom even had alot of room as well! The bed was very comfy and we were located on the third floor of the hotel.
We didn't have a chance to go swim in the pool or use their spa, but we did go down and take a quick peek and it looked great! Also, there was a workout room as well.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2008

Rooms, breakfast etc is what you would expect from a Hilton Garden Inn. What made this particular hotel stand out to me was the service and friendly staff. When I went to check out it was snowing very heavily. One of the staff was offering to heat up vehicles and scrape snow for the female guests. I was very impressed by this.

• Stayed: March 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank HKNY