“You get what you pay for”
Review of Motel 6 Fort Wayne

Motel 6 Fort Wayne
Ranked #37 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed July 7, 2013

When not staying with my family, we stay at this hotel while visiting my hometown. Yes, it's cheap, and exactly what is expected for $33. I made my kids keep their shoes on in the room, as the carpets were BADLY in need of a good cleaning. This isn't a good part of town and the hotel fits right in. During one stay, there was a dealer standing a few feet from the door, we didn't complain about him because we saw he would walk in to the lobby and talk with one particular employee occasionally, we didn't want any problems. Also, one night the police came in and kicked out a prostitute across the hallway. I asked the cops about the safety of the hotel and they said "Well, this IS a motel 6". Succinctly put. We always put a do not disturb sign on the door and told the people at the front desk, but several times we caught the cleaning staff trying to come in anyway. I don't trust them to be in my room, especially when we're not there. During another stay, as we walked out to our car we passed an open first floor window with a woman standing by it, smoking crack blatantly, not even pausing as we walked by, with whom I assume is her 8-9 y.o. daughter jumping on the bed behind her. In places like this, it's best to keep your eyes open and mouth shut. I'm always with my very big and strong husband, so I don't feel unsafe and have never had any problems.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Terpmama4

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Can you say ewwwww???? The only good things about this place were the man at the front desk and pets stay for free. The rate was cheap and so was everything else about this property. The carpet in the hallways was stained and the odor was awful. The room we were given had a toilet that was plugged up and so I brought it to their attention of the front desk...they couldn't find a plunger so after calling the owner and discussing it for 5 minutes they finally decided that it would be ok for us to switch rooms...wow The second room was the same as the first except that the toilet worked. The bedding (bedspread) had blood stains on it and there was garbage under the bed. The rooms were outdated and the TV was old and very small. The beds were anything but comfortable. The water trickles out of the faucets. You get what you pay for applies here. If we weren't so tired from traveling all day and half of the night we would have kept going. The next time, I will keep going and you should too. Bad,
Bad place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Ford1665
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

If your on a tight budget and just need a cheap no frills place to crash then I recommend this place. Convenient location wifh awesome Liberty Diner in parking lot and McDonald's across the street. $33.99 plus tax for standard room or $36.99 with micro/fridge. Yes the room was slightly outdated with small tv but everything worked. Actually the bathroom looked new with the shower only format. Little worried about possible noise from strip joint located next door but never heard a peep. I'll use this place next time in Fort Wayne.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank harryscards
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Admittedly one could argue that for $31 per not one should not expect much and I didn't expect anything more than a clean room and comfortable beds. Unfortuantely I received neither.

As far as cleanliness the room was not appalling, we did chose to remain where others would have walked out and demanded a refund. However, the make up and blood stains on the bathroom walls, the cigraette burn holes in the blankets, and the unidentified pile of something under the bed were simply not something you expect to find anywhere except perhaps in a room you rent by the hour.

The place was terribley noisy as well. We asked for rooms away from the street noises only to be placed by the main stairwell and the slamming door at the top of it. I slept between door slams, approximately every 20 minutes until about 3 am when it finally quieted down. The bathroom faucet didn't flow it drizzled and never did reach a warm temperature. The saving grace for this place was the new fiberglass shower enclosure that was clean and had good pressure. The beds were soft and and worn on one side. My traveling partner and I both ended up sleeping next to the wall as the mattress was firmer on that side.

Had this been a locally owned hotel with "motorlodge" in the name it would have been more understandable, but we expected more from the Motel 6 Franchise and were sadly disappointed. There are probably plenty of Motel 6's that do it right but since we won't be willing to try them again, we'll never know for sure.

Room Tip: Ask to see it before paying for it.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank rpccc43
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Our room wasn't real clean, carpet stained. Hallways were a mess!

Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Connie N
Reviewed July 28, 2011

They just put in new carpet, so upped the price per night about 3 to 4 bucks. For the price, it is a good deal. Rooms are clean, there is plenty of parking available, and the staff is quite helpful.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank dcksnhere
Reviewed July 17, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed in this motel during a roadtrip. The first thing we noticed is that is just feets away from a nightclub/stripbar...if that is ok with you there shouldn't be any problem. Also, even the non-smoking rooms have the scent of cigarette. But the staff was very courteous, and the nice lady at the front desk even helped us sending some faxes that we needed to send urgently. In some UPS stores and Office Max it would have cost us more than $15. The sheets and towels were clean, and everything else went without a hassle.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple