“Good Food - Good Value”

Fort Wayne, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food - Good Value”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We hadn't been to this restaurant for many years. It's not located near other restaurants, but is well worth a visit. We walked in the door around 8 pm on a Friday night. A professional guitarist was playing and singing in a John Denver style at the front. We asked for a table at the back where the music was not too loud.

We had a Greek Salad and pepperoni pizza. Nothing unusual, BUT BOTH WERE EXCELLENT and we will be returning. I had considered asking the waitress some questions about their pizzas before ordering, but decided to just take whatever came and use this experience to decide if we would return.

When the pizza was placed on our table, my first thought was: "this looks very ordinary, and I'll be surprised if the taste is above average." Well, looks can be deceiving, and the proof of the excellent quality was in the eating. The crust was not thick or extremely thin, but I would rank it's flavor and texture a 10 on a zero to 10 scale. The sauce was was mouth-watering, too. We took 3 slices home, and they were still very tasty after being reheated in a microwave. I would drive across town to get another pizza at The Venice.

This is an old restaurant with an established clientele. I recommend it as a good alternative to those chain restaurants.

• Visited January 2013

Jackson, Michigan
“Really nice little place”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is a very nice, cozy little place with really good variety on the menu. the service was very good. Incredible value.

Visited October 2012
“Made a positive impression on me!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

I had purchased one of those daily deal vouchers for 50% off. I didn't realize it was expired. I talked to Judy and at first she said no, but then allowed me to use it. Instead of losing The $20.00 i paid on an expired deal, I was allowed to use it.

The food was great! I got a sausage roll which was huge and delicious. And I got a large pizza. All for a little over $20.00.

The place is old and the service is not overly friendly, but I will return because Judy made an exception which left me with a positive impression. And the food is good.

matthews NC
“Average food”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Food was OK. I was with a group of six. Everyone said the lunch was good. Nothing special. The selection was good and the price is very resonable. Staff was very friendly.

• Visited July 2012
ft wayne
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Touch of Italy”
Reviewed December 2, 2011

You may drive past it the first time but it's well worth turning around and have yourself one of the special dishes which are prepared usually by the owner I found out. The inside welcomes you to murals of Italy on the walls as you sit in the Family Room where I noticed several family's enjoying their dinners and suroundings. My wife and I had the Lasagna, and we were not disappointed. A very friendly staff and we were asked by the owner if everything was fine as he mingled through the tables. An extremely relaxing time and there was no rush to hurry us out. A full bar is available and dinner and drinks for 2 people at a very fair price. It has been at that location for over 60 years and the owners which are husband and wife work every day and they have owned it for over 30years. Noticed they have lunch specials for $5.00. Some TV's on the walls if you want to watch a game while you eat. Treat yourself , you'll be glad you did......................Tim R.

• Visited November 2011