“Outstanding food - not so great service”

800 Degrees Wood Fired Pizza
Ranked #33 of 797 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed September 24, 2018

We visited last Friday night at 7:30 or so. The place was fairly busy. We stood at the podium waiting for the hostess as the sign instructed us to do for 8-10 minutes. Then she showed up and we said 2 anywhere. She asked if outdoor was OK and it was. So off she went to clean a table. While she was out there a group of 4 arrived, skipped the hostess podium and sat at an unclean table outside. Instead of informing them to go inside to the hostess stand, she cleaned their table and got them setup and we were still standing there. We then get seated where it took 13 minutes for a waitress to even say hi to us. Meanwhile the table who skipped the line already had drinks and an appetizer. We really should have left. But the food is amazing. Oh, and I almost forgot.. I asked for the beer menu after we ordered our food and was going to order a beer but our waitress completely ignored us and I never did get to request a beer. Sounds like they need to train some staff.

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank daqattaq

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Stopped on a road trip looking for something different. The pizza here is cooked perfectly, and just the right amount of meat and cheese on the carne. The pane pazzo cheesy garlic bread is delicious also. Actually like the order and pay at the counter, don’t have to wait for a bill when done. The guy at the door and lady running the dining room were very friendly.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 5, 2018

This place offers very good pizzas. Service could be a little bit smilier but the food is great and it is a very good quality / price ration.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I love the craft beer and the pizza. Hawaiian pizza and mista salad!

They offer a great opportunity for family time--they're wonderful with our daughters who are three and four. Order a "screamer plate" (cucumbers, julienned carrots, pepperoni, and cheese) for the kids to keep them busy right when you sit down. ;) Ask for pizza dough for the kids to play with, too.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 11, 2018

My friend and I had the lunch special today - a mini pizza and salad. Both of us ate every bite! The service was excellent and the servers went out of their way to make sure we had a good experience. I will definitely go back!

Date of visit: April 2018