“Given False Information”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #36 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I reserved 2 rooms for a fun family trip and was told we could check in anytime even as early as 9:30AM. Once we arrived around 11:00AM to check in the lady at the front desk informed me that we could get our room keys but our rooms would not be available until after 3PM. What is the point in giving guests reservations for rooms in which customers pay for ahead of time but cannot use their rooms until after 3PM and then check out time is 11:00 AM??? I am aware of normal check in and check out times at hotels but when someone pays to reserve rooms for a specified time and then are forced to wait 4 hours for their rooms something is wrong with the hotels service! Fortunately we found a hotel called The Fundome which gave us rooms promptly and have far more ammendities for both adults and children. Their prices are also very affordable.

Room Tip: Don't bother staying here save your money and go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank amy m

Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Front desk clerk was asleep in an office chair, not quite out of sight. Then, he gave me a dirty room. The 2nd room was nice, twin queens, not pillowtop though. No fridge or microwave in room. Priced in the mid $60s. A decent value and location for the price. But I've had better for the same rate.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 6, 2012

A nice small motel in a good location. The staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is Honey Buns, coffee and Sunny Delight.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cjd
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving feedback we greatly appreciate you taking notice. We have worked hard in converting this hotel into another brand. We are trying to keep close to Choice standards and we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay. Please visit us again when you are in the area.

All the best,
LaShawnda Martin

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Very clean rooms with new carpet and furniture. Carpet in hall is new and everything is bright and fresh! We missed breakfast...so I can't comment on the food. I would stay here again!.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2012

This was a very nice hotel for a low price. The rooms were clean and in good shape. It is obvious that there has been some renovation. The breakfast was really paltry, but other than that I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kristin A
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I'm a hard person to please when it comes to hotels. I took my four grand-babies on a little spring break get away, two six year olds and two eight year olds. This hotel was VERY clean. This is the first place that I have stayed and can't find anything wrong. Believe me I always look hard to do so. Rooms VERY clean pool VERY clean. The girl at the front desk above and beyond, helpful to the point I would have lost it if it had been other way around. I'm so very pleased with staff and hotel. As far as I'm concerned this is five plus place to stay. We will be back... Will stay here when I'm in town.. GREAT JOB!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Theresa V
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Dear Theresa V,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We are so proud in becoming a member of the Choice Hotels brand and we are striving to keep up with their standards. I am glad that you and your grandchildren enjoyed your stay. I’ve been lucky enough to work with this great team and I will let the them know that you complimented their efforts. Thank you for recommending our establishment to other travelers. We will be more than happy to book you a room the next time you are in the area.

All the best,
Lashawnda Martin

Reviewed March 27, 2012

The hotel has been remodeled and it has a nice new look and feel to it. The common areas are comfortable. The staff was very friendly and responsible. I would recommend this hotel for the value had it not been for the ants.

Our room (241) had ants in it. They came out of the AC/HVAC unit when it was turned on. They were all over the place. I asked for some spray. However, they did not have any so we were able to change rooms right across the hallway. Which was still a pain because it was starting to get late and we were already settled in.

I did notice a couple of ants in the new room (242) but I suspect they came over in a bag from the previous room. Ants are not something I'd expect on a second floor hotel room that was freshly cleaned.

My main issue is I don't feel like the ant issue is going to be taken care of. I mentioned it again in the morning when I checked out and didn't feel like there was any kind of concern. It wasn't too inconvenient as the room was right across the hallway...but with one adult and three kids, it was a disturbance. My oldest was actually concerned about the ants all night and it took him forever to go to sleep because of it. I was also not offered any kind of compensation for this inconvenience.

We also had to request extra pillows and sheets and blankets for the sofa bed. Many hotels we stay in, these items are already in the room when there is a sofa bed. I was told you always have to request this at this hotel. The main bed only had two very limp pillows on it, which is not normally what I get at the hotels I stay at.

There was also kids gone wild in the pool. They had little or no supervision by the 1-2 parents that were supposedly watching them. I had to break up a group of kids that were hold a girl by her hands and feet and trying to swing her in the pool, while she was trying to wiggle out because she did not want them to do this. Then I was called a nasty word by one of the children. Playing tag on the slippery tile around the pool and other crazy stuff that made them unsafe as well as the people around them. Hotel staff warned them but said there was nothing more they could since they had hotel supervision.

In the future, I'd stay a little further from Spiece Fieldhouse. You can stay at a Comfort Suites which has more spacious rooms for about the same price.!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lipbalmaddict
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Dear valued guest,

As the general manager at the newly renovated Econo Lodge, I would like to offer my gratitude for your feedback. As a hotel under a new brand and new management, we want to put our best foot forward. We are still working on overall improvements and your response is a great value. I am sorry you discovered ants in your room, and given you were already settled the alternate room move was an inconvenience. I assure you that we have contacted pest control services to investigate the issue. We are also empathetic to your pool experience as I am sure you wanted some down time to only be disrupted by some unruly guests. We will be more forward in the future to assure that the experience in a common area is enjoyable for everyone. We appreciate the time you have taken to leave feedback and we will strive to improve the property as we move into the future. I hope that you’ll stay with us on your next trip, so we’ll have an opportunity to make this up to you.

LaShawnda Martin