“Very Happy Travelers”

Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
West Chicago, Illinois
“Very Happy Travelers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just spent a long weekend at the Country Inn and Suites in Ft. Wayne. It was great. Spacious, clean room. Spotless linens and towels, We were in room 314. Never heard a sound from anyone else...very ample space in the room. Fridge, microwave, two flat screen tv's.....everything you could want to be comfy !!..
Mike at the front desk was great...he provided us with maps, directions and was an all-around nice guy ! The breakfast room, which is small but comfy, provided us with a great start to the day. Coffee, teas, juices, hot and cold cereal, pastries, etc. If you walk away hungry, it's your own fault. No restaurant on site, but close to several good choices. We ate at Cracker Barrel and it was great. There's a nice mall close to the hotel (maybe 10 minutes) that has lots of shopping choices. The Auburn, Cord, Duesenberg Museum is about 18 miles and is worth the trip, even if you had to walk. Classic Car Heaven !!!
If I had to fault the hotel on anything, it would be that there were no safety strips in the tub and it was pretty slippery. Other than that, they were wonderful !!!

Room Tip: we had room 314 and found it to be perfect for our needs
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Grand Rapids, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stopped here one night while traveling west. We did not have a reservation, but were able to get a room at a reasonable rate (Sunday night and not too busy). The walls are thin and it is very noisy. The breakfast was gone by the time we got there and so we ate elsewhere. The room was neat and clean, and that is what we needed

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Elkhart, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I usually don't write bad reviews. I try to consider all the angles and put myself in the shoes of the hotel staff and give them the benefit of the doubt. This time, it was a little more difficult.

We booked our room online. We looked at several hotels in the Forty Wayne area. Our main criteria for choosing a hotel was the availability of a suite with a separate bedroom from the sitting room area. The options were limited, but we settled on Country Inn and Suites. We have three young children, so we booked a "deluxe king" suite with a fold-out sofa bed in the sitting area and a king bed in the separate bedroom. At least that's what the pictures on the website had shown. When we checked in at the hotel, the girl at the counter didn't seem to know what she was doing (maybe in training still?). They told me my credit card had been denied and continued to insist on this in front of other guests before realizing they had the wrong number in their system. It was embarrassing. I asked for an additional roll-away bed and they said "we'll try". We got our key cards and went up to the room and found it was not a suite at all, but a double-queen room. We had to go back downstairs and insist we had not booked a double queen room. They told me they don't accept reservations for suites online. Seriously? Your hotel name is Country Inn and SUITES! You don't accept online reservations for your SUITES? I showed them our printed receipt from the online registration and after some more fumbling to figure out how to transfer our room information, they set us up with the suite we originally requested. We went back upstairs and our key cards didn't work. I went back donwstairs with the issue and they realized they hadn't put the right room access on the cards. This was fixed and we finally got into our room.

The room was clean and as spacious as one might expect. No complaints here. Our kids used the (small) indoor pool and enjoyed it. When dinner time came, we chose to get some carry-out for me and the kids. My wife has special dietary needs and needed prepare her own food in the microwave. We forgot plates and silverware for this and when I asked the front desk of they had any plastic silverware and disposable plates for my wife's meal, they said they only had glass plates and metal silverware to offer, and those were all locked up with a private party in the breakfast dining room. We were on our own in this regard. The next morning, we found only disposable plates and plastic silverware in the breakfast dining room. No glass dishes or real silver were to be seen anywhere. Why lie?

The bed was comfortable but there were kids and adults (really?) running and yelling up and down the hallway until around midnight. I would have called the front desk again about this, but already being made aware of their lack of concern for their guests, I assumed it would have been a waste of time. I really wish the experience had been better, but I can safely say, we won't be staying in another Country Inn and Suites for quite some time.

Room Tip: Unless you don't care about what room you'll eventually be given upon check-in, don't st...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JoeWhazou
FHF_CIS, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Joe,

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We are working diligently to correct these issues and I appreciate that you brought them to our attention. Unfortunately, our suites are not offered on "third party" bookings like you used, these are only contracted for our standard rooms,

Please accept our apology also for the misunderstanding about dishes. We do have disposable dishes available to our guests. The person you spoke with is new and was concered about interrupting the huge party of guests using our breakfast room. This has been addressed, and we are working diligently on training issues. We greatly appreciate you bringing this to our attention so it never happens to another guest.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area, and would like to further discuss your experience.
Marion, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

The folks there were so very very helpful!
We had traveled ALL DAY!! We actually had stopped at several hotels suggested by our GPS. When we stopped at Country Inn, the gal at the desk said she could get us two queens for $85.00. When I explained we were taking our two college aged kids to college, she offered a suite for an additional $10.00, for a reasonable rate of $95.00. We took it! The kids loved it! It had two TV's and two rooms. It was very accomodating! She even gave us four extra towels since we used our shower towels after our swim.
In the morning the gal that ran the breakfast was a beatiful person who was warm and professional! What a worker! When she wasn't filling breakfast containers, she was sweeping stairs!!
After breakfast I needed to print a coupon, and the receptionist was so very very helpful! She helped me print a coupon that didn't want to be printed! Ha!
My 21 year old daughter said: "when we come down again, we have to stay HERE! These folks are great!" I thought that was pretty high praise!!!

Room Tip: Staff is helpful! Rooms are clean!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words. Whenever we have the rooms available we like to offer uprgrades at a little extra room rate. I am glad you liked our breakfast person, she is a great hospitable worker. The front desk staff all go out of their way to help guests, and I am glad we was able to help you. Tell your daughter thanks for the great praise and we would be honored if you chose our hotel for your next Fort Wayne stay.
Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

If your looking for genuine great customer service this is the hotel you want to stay. I never write review but had to write for this wonderful hotel and staff. Every employee goes his or her out of way to make sure I am satisfied with my stay and service. Housekeeping is just outstanding. Beds are comfortable, more comfortable than my personal bed. Breakfast is simply just WOW! Waffle bar just all I need to say. If your going to stay in Fort Wayne, IN, make sure you check out Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for your kind words about our customer service. We train all staff to be excellent stewards of customer care. I am pleased you liked our newly changed up breakfast, it has become a hit with our guests. Hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

They were very nice and willing to do what it took to make your stay relaxing and welcoming.

• Stayed July 2012
I am so glad that we was able to exceed your expectations, we pride ourselves on being great customer service stewards. Please visit us again when your travel brings you to Fort Wayne.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed on 30 June 2012 and when we returned home we realized she had left her diamond necklace and earrings at the hotel.
The thought of loosing them was horrible. However we called the hotel some 6 hours after left and the wonderful staff not only found them but promptly mailed them to us.
This is by far the best hotel in ft wayne for personal service.

Great job! !!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
I am so glad that we were able to locate your girlfriend's jewelry. Thank you for the kind words you had to say about us. I am thankful you came back to visit us again a few weeks later. Come stay with your new friends in fort Wayne anytime you want.