“Poor Trained Personnel and Noise Policies”

Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Springfield, Illinois
“Poor Trained Personnel and Noise Policies”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The stay at the hotel was marked by three sports teams that were not controlled by the management and caused excessive noise till late into the night. The management indicates that they had a contract with the sports teams for a curfew at 10:30 pm, but did not enforce their contract with the teams. Management upon checkout made significant errors on our final bill by indicating that they would comp one nights lodging because of the excessive noise, then recinded that offer and only comp'ed 10% on each nights lodging. Cancel your reservation and go to another hotel if you see a sport team (s) in the hotel lobby.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is by far the best place to stay when in Fort Wayne, IN. The staff go above and beyond to make your stay pleasant. The rooms are VERY clean and comfortable. I have stayed here several times and have ALWAYS enjoyed my time at the Country INN and Suites. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Denver, CO
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Everything we needed for a 2 night stay when nearby Hampton Inn offered only highway front rooms at a higher cost. CI is one street north of the interstate frontage and the north facing rooms overlook an empty parking lot. Bronson at the front desk went out of his way to help us with directions, dining directions & making sure our room was A-OK. Comfortable beds & clean housekeeping. Bring a clothespin to clamp the blackout drapes fully shut since the floodlight washing the building can be annoying in the middle of the night. Also the doorclosers at all Country Inns are the loudest in the industry so be prepared for slamming doors & some hallway noise if your fellow travellers aren't conscientious. Liked the CI cooked-to-order waffles with yogurt & fruit for topping. The pre-fab "fried" eggs weren't very appetizing but provided protein to balance the waffle carbs. Prime rib dinner at Don Hall's Guesthouse about 1/4 mile east and was good. Try the Liberty Diner on SW corner of Colosium Rd and Rte 33 for a broad-ranging menu of blue-plate specials, salads, and short orders. Don't let the downscale neighborhood & trucking yards deter you...Liberty Diner was tasty & reasonably priced.

Room Tip: North-side overlooking shopping center parking is quiet.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I have been a loyal goldspoint/club carlson holder for 3 years now. It is my hotel of choice. I made my reservation through central asking for a 2pm check in. At time of arival, I was schocked to find nobody at the desk. I must have been there for 5 minutes. Finally an older Indian women said she would be right with me. Yet she had no idea what she was doing.
She didn't ask to see my card, or my id!

• Stayed July 2011
countryinnfortwayne, Webmaster at Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Dear Guest,

• We looked into the matter of why there was no one at the desk, to find out if this was a usual occurrence.

• Desk staff received additional training in registering our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Wayne. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.
Michigan
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I chose this CI&S location based on its great proximity to I-69 on my way back to Michigan from Indianapolis. CI&S has never disappointed me (aside from the stay the night before at an Indianapolis location, also reviewed on this site). I read quite a few negative reviews about the Fort Wayne property but I myself have no major complaints. I found the staff to be helpful, especially when I needed directions to a particular restaurant and had never been in Fort Wayne before. Upon check-in, I asked the desk clerk about my Club Carlson points status and he looked it up and checked on everything for me. The room was clean but I was little shocked that the AC hadn't been turned on, given that it'd been 90+ degrees the prior 2 days, but on the other hand, it would have been wasteful to do so if no one was using the room. The bathroom was clean but I was quite let down by the poor water pressure/stream in the shower. Pillows and mattresses were fine but the AC unit is quite loud and woke me up multiple times in the night. The continental breakfast was ok, I've had better at other locations. And, as nitpicky as this sounds, the staff had put out free coffee in urns in the lobby the evening of our arrival. That's all well and good, but when I went to help myself at 7:00pm, they urns were either empty or just lukewarm. What's the point of putting them out if no one's going to check them? And the same urns were in service during breakfast and obviously no one taught the coffee person how to make coffee because I had (I kid you not) a 1/4" of grounds in the bottom of my cup. WTF?! Overall, I was pleased with our stay. It's not the best CI&S out there but for one night's stay, it did the job.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of the low water pressure in the shower of the room assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter.

• The people in charge of the coffee urns received extra training in best servicing them.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Wayne. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Delhi, Iowa
Reviewed September 19, 2010

I book travel for a large sports team and stay about 120 nights per year in hotels. My experience at the Country Inn in Fort Wayne was one of my worst experiences in a hotel... EVER! The hotel manager (Andy) was very rude and un-acommodating... the televisions in our rooms did not have cable (they said they were "working on it all over town", but the Fairfield and Courtyards next door had working cable), and the rooms were older and very worn. We found bed bugs in two of the rooms that our group stayed in... the experience was bad enough that we tried to move to a hotel down the road after the first night, but were told that we would have to pay a full-night fee for cancellation. Not only did the hotel staff not help us with any of the issues... they didn't seem to care. This hotel is giving all other Country Inns a bad name, and I would stay as far away from the Fort Wayne Country Inn as possible!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
countryinnfortwayne, Webmaster at Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Wayne for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that your stay wasn’t the pleasant one which you had anticipated.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon the receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) All staff members received additional training concerning the courteous way in which they are to treat our valued guests.

2) The matter of bedbugs was looked into. I’m sure that you will be happy to know that the insects you saw were not bedbugs, but rather some insect that entered the hotel because of the humidity.

Columbus,OH
Reviewed April 29, 2010

We have stayed at Country Inn and Suites at other locations before with no problem. At Ft. Wayne, the room was very spacious but the furniture was very worn. The chairs creaked and the bed leaned. They advertised HBO but the TV in the living area did not receive it. I called the front desk and was told it did receive HBO, I said that it didn't and the girl at the front desk said that there was nothing that she could do. They advertised that they had free Wifi, but I could not receive any signal during the evening that I stayed. I called the front desk several times and was told that the girl was very busy and that she "would see what she could do" ... which ended up as nothing. I finally logged on in the early morning, but the speeds were slower than dial-up. I am very disappointed in this hotel and would recommend that you avoid it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
countryinnfortwayne, Webmaster at Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Wayne for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found the rooms to be spacious.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) The reception staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

2) The maintenance staff was informed of the problem that you had receiving HBO and internet and instructed to look into the matter and see to it that the problem is resolved.