Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Fort Wayne)
Average 3/5
Average 3/5
All reviewshot tubbest westernsfitness centerbreakfast roomrecommend this hotelcheck in was easyhotel stayvery clean hotelin townwafflesthe hotel staffwaffle makernice breakfastrestaurants and shoppingindoor poolwould definitely stay here againup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I have been a loyal goldspoint/club carlson holder for 3 years now. It is my hotel of choice. I made my reservation through central asking for a 2pm check in. At time of arival, I was schocked to find nobody at the desk. I must have been there for 5 minutes. Finally an older Indian women said she would be right with me. Yet she had no idea what she was doing.
She didn't ask to see my card, or my id!

• Stayed: July 2011
countryinnfortwayne, Webmaster at Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Dear Guest,

• We looked into the matter of why there was no one at the desk, to find out if this was a usual occurrence.

• Desk staff received additional training in registering our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Wayne. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

I chose this CI&S location based on its great proximity to I-69 on my way back to Michigan from Indianapolis. CI&S has never disappointed me (aside from the stay the night before at an Indianapolis location, also reviewed on this site). I read quite a few negative reviews about the Fort Wayne property but I myself have no major complaints. I found the staff to be helpful, especially when I needed directions to a particular restaurant and had never been in Fort Wayne before. Upon check-in, I asked the desk clerk about my Club Carlson points status and he looked it up and checked on everything for me. The room was clean but I was little shocked that the AC hadn't been turned on, given that it'd been 90+ degrees the prior 2 days, but on the other hand, it would have been wasteful to do so if no one was using the room. The bathroom was clean but I was quite let down by the poor water pressure/stream in the shower. Pillows and mattresses were fine but the AC unit is quite loud and woke me up multiple times in the night. The continental breakfast was ok, I've had better at other locations. And, as nitpicky as this sounds, the staff had put out free coffee in urns in the lobby the evening of our arrival. That's all well and good, but when I went to help myself at 7:00pm, they urns were either empty or just lukewarm. What's the point of putting them out if no one's going to check them? And the same urns were in service during breakfast and obviously no one taught the coffee person how to make coffee because I had (I kid you not) a 1/4" of grounds in the bottom of my cup. WTF?! Overall, I was pleased with our stay. It's not the best CI&S out there but for one night's stay, it did the job.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of the low water pressure in the shower of the room assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter.

• The people in charge of the coffee urns received extra training in best servicing them.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Wayne. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed September 19, 2010

I book travel for a large sports team and stay about 120 nights per year in hotels. My experience at the Country Inn in Fort Wayne was one of my worst experiences in a hotel... EVER! The hotel manager (Andy) was very rude and un-acommodating... the televisions in our rooms did not have cable (they said they were "working on it all over town", but the Fairfield and Courtyards next door had working cable), and the rooms were older and very worn. We found bed bugs in two of the rooms that our group stayed in... the experience was bad enough that we tried to move to a hotel down the road after the first night, but were told that we would have to pay a full-night fee for cancellation. Not only did the hotel staff not help us with any of the issues... they didn't seem to care. This hotel is giving all other Country Inns a bad name, and I would stay as far away from the Fort Wayne Country Inn as possible!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
countryinnfortwayne, Webmaster at Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Wayne for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that your stay wasn’t the pleasant one which you had anticipated.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon the receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) All staff members received additional training concerning the courteous way in which they are to treat our valued guests.

2) The matter of bedbugs was looked into. I’m sure that you will be happy to know that the insects you saw were not bedbugs, but rather some insect that entered the hotel because of the humidity.

Reviewed April 29, 2010

We have stayed at Country Inn and Suites at other locations before with no problem. At Ft. Wayne, the room was very spacious but the furniture was very worn. The chairs creaked and the bed leaned. They advertised HBO but the TV in the living area did not receive it. I called the front desk and was told it did receive HBO, I said that it didn't and the girl at the front desk said that there was nothing that she could do. They advertised that they had free Wifi, but I could not receive any signal during the evening that I stayed. I called the front desk several times and was told that the girl was very busy and that she "would see what she could do" ... which ended up as nothing. I finally logged on in the early morning, but the speeds were slower than dial-up. I am very disappointed in this hotel and would recommend that you avoid it.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
countryinnfortwayne, Webmaster at Best Western Plus Fort Wayne Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Wayne for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found the rooms to be spacious.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) The reception staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

2) The maintenance staff was informed of the problem that you had receiving HBO and internet and instructed to look into the matter and see to it that the problem is resolved.

Reviewed March 11, 2010

I used this hotel when I was passing through for business. I was greeted promptly by the very helpful staff. They have some evening snacks, I was also given a welcome snack and bottled water!!! pleasant surprise for a 1st visit!! Rooms are very spacious and the beds are very comfy!
I shall definately recommend this to my office and folks I know.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business