“Excellent hotel”

Comfort Suites North
Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Everything was great-from the room to the hot breakfast. Good location. We were in town for a convention and the hotel was centrally located to our convention restaurants and shopping. Staff friendly and helpful. Fitness center was not the cleanest and minimal equipment.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CountryGal5759

Reviewed June 4, 2014

This was my first stay at this hotel. I've had great service at Comfort Suites in the past. This one continued that positive streak. The staff with whom I had contact were all friendly and helpful. My room was clean and comfortable. It had a rolling desk/table so I could do some work on the computer while taking a glance at the tv. I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: 220 can be noisy. There is some mechanical unit outside the one wall which runs intermittently.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2014

My father had open heart surgery in April 2014 and my mother and I needed a place to stay for the week while he was in Parkview's Heart Institute. Comfort Suites North was an excellent choice. It was just across the road from the hospital which made it convenient. The room was large and looked like it had been recently refurbished. The beds were comfortable and everything was super-clean... a MUST for me. Housekeeping was amazing. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was your standard fair. I love Belgian waffles. So, it was perfect for me.

Personal story follows... sorry for the details, but it meant the world to me that they helped me in this way....
The staff was exceptional. Alex at the front desk went above and beyond to help us both at check-in and with an unexpected check-out need. Overnight, one night, I became very ill from all of the stress of my father's surgery. My father had moved to a regular room at this point, so my mother was able to stay overnight in his hospital room and I was alone. Jody at the front desk was so kind and caring when I called her to let her know that I had needed to call for my husband to come to get me. I told her that he didn't have a key to get in and that he would need help getting in my room at 1:00 a..m. to help me. She let me know that she would require a valid photo I.D. and that she would make sure she helped him. She then asked if there was anything she could do for me. What a comfort!

I had a great experience here. It was an excellent stay with a very helpful staff. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again in the future!

Room Tip: This hotel is next to I-69. I would suggest requesting a room away from the highway, although at ni...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank disneygiggles
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

after a long day on the road, stopped here looking for a room for the night, and was welcomed by Bobbie, who got me set up in a great room, nice and quiet. when we went to use the pool, we found that a previous user had made a huge mess in the pool (black floating debris everywhere), she recommended a great place to get pizza delivered from, and told us she'd let give a call up to our room when she had the pool cleaned and would let us come back down and use it even though it supposed to be closed. Can't thank you enough Bobbie, you're awesome!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel! The staff is very professional and helpful. My room was next to the elevator, but I could not hear it through the wall. My room was VERY quiet. The hotel is within walking distance to a few restaurants. I will definitely stay here again in the future.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

This was the best of all the Choice hotel we stayed at. Clean, updated, quite. We had a room right next to the fitness room and didn't hear a thing. If we ever come this way again we will stay here. Only thing it didn't have was a wide choice of TV channels. All most all sports and news. I do highly recommend this hotel

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We chose this hotel mainly because we had a traveler's coupon! Our rate was approximately half the price of the rack rate. Our room was nice and big, we even had a little area with a couch and coffee table. The gal checking us in was very courteous, friendly, professional and helpful. the continental breakfast was one of the best we have had; lots of choices and several items with protein. A lot of times all you get is a sweet roll and coffee. Once we got settled into our room, my husband found out the TV remote did not work so he went down to the desk and got a substitution. Much to his dismay, that one didn't work either. Since we were just turning in for the night and would be leaving in the morning, he didn't do anything about it. BUT when he mentioned it to the clerk the next morning, she took $25 off our bill! Awesome!

Room Tip: It often pays to pick up those traveler's pamphlets in the welcome centers. They really do reduc...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple