“Nice hotel but disappointed with management”

Comfort Suites North
Ranked #24 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice hotel but disappointed with management”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I am an AAU coach and needed about 6 or 7 rooms for a tournament in Ft. Wayne. On July 25th, our team stayed at this Comfort Inn due to a recommendation from one of my player’s parents. The rooms were comfortable and the staff was great. However, my room had bugs in one of the beds. I immediately told the staff and they gave me new linen for the bed. I stayed in the room but had my 2 players stay in another room with their teammates. Needless to say I was quite uncomfortable throughout the night. I spoke to the gentleman at the desk the next morning and he apologized and assured me that the manager would move me to another room (which they did) and compensate me for the night’s stay at the room. Upon checkout two days later, I noticed that my bill had not been adjusted. I spoke with the manager and to my disbelief she still charged me at half the cost for that particular day. I had a team meeting with my parents and told them that the next time we play in a tournament in Ft. Wayne we will possibly still use a Comfort Inn if available, but avoid this particular hotel. The hotel is more than likely always full and our 6 or 7 rooms may not matter in the long run, but I just wanted to express my dissatisfaction with management in this instance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Melvin B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My apartment complex had a fire and Comfort Suites was close and convenient to stay at.
Great people behind the front desk and real friendly. Highly recommended place to stay and was clean and tidy. Any questions were answered quite properly by the staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Kansas City
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here in August several nights for my daughter's wedding. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was immaculate. We booked well in advance and got a very good rate. Our only misfortune was that we were staying at the hotel the same weekend a kid's soccer tournament was in town, so the hotel was packed with kids.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Garland, Texas
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is probably the Best Hotel in Fort Wayne Indiana, Price is fair nice to see that!! Very Clean and staff is Great!! Especially Bobbie she was excellent in Customer service and was very receptive!! Congrat's to Comfort Suites for finding her!! Also could have more T.V. Channels! The Internet was good! Overall will stay here again if I can! Always full and I see why and so will you!

Room Tip: Get your Coupon at the Rest areas or Welcome center! They will work with you if there is availabilit...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Saco, Maine
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed at a few of these, but first time at this location. First room had a broken thermostat and when I called the front desk, not only was the response immediate, but they made sure to put us in the closest room possible to where we were (directly across the hall). Not only that, but rather than have me come down to get a new key, the staff brought one to me so I wouldn't have to go get it. Very impressed.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Brazil, Indiana
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we like the Comfort Suites. Had never stayed at this one. We enjoyed our stay and the room was nice n big and very clean. The breakfast was the usual for the hotel. We like eating at the Culvers next door. We would stay again.

Room Tip: If you like it quiet stay on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Virginia Beach
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The hotel reception staff were welcoming and cheerful. The woman at the reception was helpful and rooms were spotlessly clean with comfortable beds and I had a sound sleep. The rooms were equipped with a large screen flat television, microwave and coffee maker. I also had a sumptuous and hot breakfast with eggs, yoghurt, fresh fruit, cereal and choice of hot waffle flavors. There was also an amazing fitness center and an indoor pool. Free high speed internet was also available. A large shopping area with plenty of options near the hotel. Will definitely visit again during my next business or leisure travel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business