“First time vegan and fabulous!”
Review of Loving Cafe

Loving Cafe
Ranked #39 of 648 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Hickory, North Carolina
“First time vegan and fabulous!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Visiting grandson and he recommended Loving Cafe. Husband timid at first but won over BT vegy BLT and bean soup. My black burger and pistachio and mushroom soup special. If we lived in Fort Wayne we would return often.

1 Thank JJ L

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Super friendly and MMmmmmmm”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I'm not a vegan, but my girlfriend is. I was a little hesitant at first, but after smelling her food...I thought I would give it a whirl. I was VERY satisfied with the taste and value. The food is wonderful. I had spring rolls(MMMMmmm) and BBQ nuggets with rice(also YUM). You can't even really tell it isnt real meat. I will DEFINITELY be eating there again.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank mytummylikesfood
Defiance, Ohio
“Amazing!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

First time to an all vegan/ vegetarian restaurant, and it went way beyond my expectations! The pistachio mushroom soup was to die for, I really wanted to pick up my bowl & lick it! We tried a bit of this and that and really liked it all. Even my meat loving hubby liked it and said he would go back again.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank jami2610
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A non-vegan/vegetarian’s perspective”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This review is for you, fellow carnivore!
First off, I should say that I am not a vegan or a vegetarian. My wife is a vegan, however, so I eat a much smaller amount of meat and dairy than most people.
Having said this, I would say that this place is as good as, and possibly better than a lot of other restaurants that I have eaten at in Fort Wayne and elsewhere, meat or no meat.
The barbeque sandwich that I purchased when I first ate here was fantastic, and rates up there as one of the best sandwiches I have ever eaten.
I don’t go out to eat often, but I have been back to this place about once a week since first discovering it, and will be going back with the wife tonight.
We generally both get a meal and share a smoothie, and it costs us about 20 dollars.
The only downside I can think of is that I haven’t yet found a soup that I really like. They are ok, but I’ll keep trying more and hopefully find one that I love.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Trevor F
Peterborough, New Hampshire
“No sodium, great taste, friendly service, WOW”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We had a great meal at Loving Cafe. We both had a type of vegan/vegetarian sweet and sour dish. One of us had the "sesame sweet and sour" and the other had "orange sweet and sour". We also both had soup...bean for one of us, cabbage for the other. This place is not fancy but the food makes the atmosphere great. The food is as beautiful as it tastes. The DH has to have almost 0 sodium and we found a place we could walk in and eat. Doesn't happen very often. We are visiting Ft. Wayne and I am in hopes we can eat there another time while here. Do not go here if you are looking for a great big juicy beef steak, but if you like healthy good-tasting food or even want to experiment a little, check this place out.

• Visited June 2013