“A non-vegan/vegetarian’s perspective”
Review of Loving Cafe

Loving Cafe
Ranked #39 of 692 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This review is for you, fellow carnivore!
First off, I should say that I am not a vegan or a vegetarian. My wife is a vegan, however, so I eat a much smaller amount of meat and dairy than most people.
Having said this, I would say that this place is as good as, and possibly better than a lot of other restaurants that I have eaten at in Fort Wayne and elsewhere, meat or no meat.
The barbeque sandwich that I purchased when I first ate here was fantastic, and rates up there as one of the best sandwiches I have ever eaten.
I don’t go out to eat often, but I have been back to this place about once a week since first discovering it, and will be going back with the wife tonight.
We generally both get a meal and share a smoothie, and it costs us about 20 dollars.
The only downside I can think of is that I haven’t yet found a soup that I really like. They are ok, but I’ll keep trying more and hopefully find one that I love.

1  Thank Trevor F

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We had a great meal at Loving Cafe. We both had a type of vegan/vegetarian sweet and sour dish. One of us had the "sesame sweet and sour" and the other had "orange sweet and sour". We also both had soup...bean for one of us, cabbage for the other. This place is not fancy but the food makes the atmosphere great. The food is as beautiful as it tastes. The DH has to have almost 0 sodium and we found a place we could walk in and eat. Doesn't happen very often. We are visiting Ft. Wayne and I am in hopes we can eat there another time while here. Do not go here if you are looking for a great big juicy beef steak, but if you like healthy good-tasting food or even want to experiment a little, check this place out.

2  Thank Kathy A
Reviewed June 8, 2013

SO HAPPY Ft. Wayne has a great vegetarian/vegan restaurant! Menu items are simply scrumptious, organic, & healthy! Don't miss their KUNG PAO! The protein nuggets are delicious! Can't wait to return to try their SOUPS.

5  Thank avilladawn
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I discovered this restaurant not too long ago and absolutely love it. They even have some gluten-free items that I can get. I've enjoyed the gluten free white chili and potato and kale soaps. They were delicious and filling. The Black Burger was also a real treat. You can have it on a regular bun or the gluten free bread. To cap things off there are gluten free cookies for dessert. The staff that works there are very nice and friendly.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Food was bland and lacked texture. The service was average. Lots of dirty dishes on vacated tables for quite a while while we were dining. In such a small dining area this was an unwanted distraction. Felt ill after meal, but I did live to tell the tale. Maybe if I ate this kind of food everyday I would have been ok.Not for me but glad I tried it.