Tripadvisor
Fort Wayne
Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
I've spent hundreds of hours at ACPL and loved every minute of it.

Reviewed January 17, 2020
Go493700
THE place to go for genealogy research.

Reviewed January 11, 2020
Bill15Q
The Cincinnati Region

All reviews genealogy research salt lake city dunkin donuts family history main branch family research downtown branch kids section very helpful staff parking garage great facility art gallery united states all ages department libraries resources
Selected filters
Reviewed January 17, 2020

The ACPL Genealogy Department was practically my home on Monday evenings for 5 years. Enjoyed discovering who my ancestors were and wonderful details about them in articles, photos, cemetery locations, etc. We no longer live in Ft. Wayne, but whenever we go back to visit family, we stop by the Library to see the wonderful changes they have made. Last time we visited the 3-D Laboratory and discovered working 3-D printers that opened my eyes to what 3-D printers can do. Visiting ACPL is a great adventure everytime.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed January 11, 2020

This library better in many respects than the LDS Library in Utah. Their records collection is outstanding and easily accessible. Another consideration is Fort Wayne itself. The costs associated with going to and staying in/near Fort Wayne are far far less than Utah. There are several nice places to eat within a couple of blocks of the library. Many of the restaurants are very reasonably priced.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed October 26, 2019

I remember as a kid going to the original downtown public library. This new one is certainly an upgrade compared to the original. The library is very large. To say they have a lot of books would be an understatement. They have one of the largest genealogy centers around. Such a vast amount resources for you to use to help you with your search. The library is located downtown near many attractions and restaurants. I was told parking is free if you have a valid library cars, but you’ll have to get your ticket validated to avoid any charges. I’m not sure the validity of this since the parking garage arm was raised up allowing me to come and go as I pleased.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed October 21, 2019

Was looking to find my dead ancestors...They have the second largest genealogist library only to Salt Lake City. Lots of information and very helpful staff to let you know where to look and point you in the correct direction.

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed October 9, 2019

the variety of offerings and services the library has are incredible - the Access Fort Wayne television division is a gem - Eugene and crew are very talented and helpful

Date of experience: June 2019