“Great place to visit in fort Wayne”

Allen County Public Library
Ranked #3 of 59 things to do in Fort Wayne
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Beautiful building, great children's section especially toddlers room. Genealogy is best in country. The readers section is comfortable. On a nice day there is outdoor seating. Right in the center of downtown

Reviewed August 1, 2012

The Genealogy Center has a wonderful collection. It's the largest public collection, 2nd only to Salt Lake which is a private collection of the Church of the Latter Day Saints.
The Genealogy cente encompasses the entire 2nd floor of the new faciality built a few years ago in downtown Fort Wayne.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

This library is rated one of the top ten libraries in the United States. Having moved away from Fort Wayne to another part of the country, I can truly appreciate what a great library I left behind.
The architecture, the facilities, the staff and the collections are world class.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

After I go to work downtown, I always come by here. Sometimes I stop by to pick up a book or a CD, and they have a very good selection of those and movies. But sometimes I just stop in to chill in one of their chairs (both the stuffed chairs and the desk chairs are very comfortable). For the laptop luggers, there's free Wi-Fi and power outlets galore. There's also a Dunkin' Donuts here (I'm not sure, but I think this is the only Dunkin' Donuts in a library). I've heard good things about the genealogy department here, but I've only used it to look up some city history.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

What an amazing job the staff does! The libraries are accessible, easy to navigate. Staff is extremely helpful and readily available. The kids sections are well designed. Our family loves the libraries!