“Clean & Friendly”

Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Indianapolis
“Clean & Friendly”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This property seemed to be brand new. We stayed for a wedding and had a great time. They blocked the group together on one floor so we could easily visit with family and friends. The kitchenettes are very convenient. The location was very easy to get to from I-69.

1 Thank BirdysBigAdventures

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fremont, CA
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Did I say the location is tops? Especially if you are in town for a hockey game, volleyball, or an event at the coliseum. Literally can walk across the parking lot to the ice rinks at Lutheran Health Sportscenter.

Our room was a spacious 1 Bedroom suite. The Living room w/a sofabed is separated from the bedroom which had a comfy king bed, good lighting and a sizable closet for hanging items. The bath was also quite spacious.

Both rooms had TVs and the door and wall between the two were of sufficent quality that parties in either room could enjoy a show without disrupting the others.

The fully equipped kitchen had all the glasses and dishes etc one could wish for and that made the stay quite pleasant.

I enjoyed and made use of a bentwood breakfast/laptop tray that fits across an ottoman in the living room - wish I could have taken it home w/me!

Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast serving area was staffed by a very conscientious man.

Overall, a great stay.

Room Tip: Try the one bedroom suite
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nkmunn
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a volleyball tournament played at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum. I had never heard of this brand by Mariott but it was on our negotiated blocked rate so we decided to try it out. We were not disappointed!

The lobby was clean and reception friendly and helpful. We booked a king suite and I was shocked when I opened the door to find a fully equipped kitchen with dual burner hot plate, dishwasher, full size refrigerator, toaster and coffee maker. There was a spacious office/desk/workspace area with storage, a sleeper sofa and coffee table, king bed with end tables, dresser, flat screen tv and very large bathroom. My favorite thing was the coffee pot!! We had to rise before 6AM so I was able to find a Starbucks to get my favorite grind and a pack of coffee filters and our mornings were made much easier!

Breakfast was traditional continental. The only protein available was in the form of hard boiled eggs (But there's a great little diner nearby that will make you whatever you wish!) Difficult to travel anywhere with special dietary restrictions so I didn't take off for this.

I would definitely recommend staying here and I will seek out this brand on future trips!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jsunnen
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I reserved this hotel at the last minute as we were travelling to Fort Wayne for a funeral. It was very close proximity to where our family lives in the area.

It is a very new hotel. I update the GPS on a regular basis, but unfortunately we were unable to use it to navigate right to the hotel using it because it is so new and on a newly built road apparently. Saying that you need to find the new hotel near the new ice rink produced the correct directions from those that know the area.

Every employee we encountered was very nice and accommodating. With 4 of us sharing 1 room, we needed some extra towels, etc and they met every request with a smile and efficiency. It was a very nice room, very clean and spacious for a very reasonable price. Also plenty of electrical outlets as there were plenty of electronic devices requiring charging between all of us!

The breakfast space is a little small, but had some nice choices and the attendant was very nice. Waffle maker, cereals, and the normal continental breakfast type things (including good coffee).

The indoor pool room was also very nice, small, but nice. I appreciated the hot shower down in the pool room to rinse off chlorine before going back up to the room. The workout room had really nice equipment as well.

Overall, great value for the price when we stayed. We have stayed in plenty of hotels in the same family as this one and have yet to be disappointed. We will definitely return to the hotel again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AmyRodey
DeWitt, Michigan
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed one evening an the experience was tops. It is a little tricky finding the access road, but worth the effort. The staff was particularly helpful and friendly. The rooms are very largeWe enjoyed the pool and the business facility. A few more breakfast choices might have been helpful, but everything was fresh and tasty.

1 Thank Dale D
Red Oak, Texas
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I have been staying at this property on a weekly basis as a business traveller for a couple of months now. I thoroughly enjoy my stay at the TownePlace. The rooms are very nice and comfortable. The beds are very comfortable. I have a bad back and usually have issues with beds, but have had no issues with these beds. The rooms had almost everything you might need -- a desk and chair, a kitchenette with a full size fridge, microwave, sink, stovetop, and pots, pans, and dishes. There is not an oven, the only thing I do miss in the room. The bathroom is plenty big. There is also a couch. I have never had any housekeeping issues. The room is always clean. My greatest compliment to the property would be to the staff. Everyone has gone above and beyond to ensure my stays have been great. I can say nothing but positive things about all of them. The location is also perfect to shopping, dining, and to my client. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Michigan
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Mariott Towneplace Suites were very nice and spacious which included a full kitchen and microwave. The breakfast was great with make your own waffles and Steve, the attendant during the breakfast replenishing the supplies was very helpful and very friendly.

1 Thank DonMichigan